Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Non Steiner Yankee bats

Guys, the game bats are an endorsable product ! That means that any major league player can sign an endorsement with any manufacturer. These contracts can be exclusive or non exclusive which limits that bat a player can use during games. This is why many stars use OTHER name brands during batting practice. But, the game used bat or a player is usually a manufacturers endorsement item.

thanks,
    Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com

Thats not true. Guys have endorsements to use a certain bat but the team pays for the wood. Hence the team owns the bat and the player gets paid to use them. However, i know that Mizuno doesnt charge the Mariners or Yankees for Matsui's and Ichiro's bats. Louisville pays AROD, Giambi, and Jeter but the Yankees buy Jeter's and Giambi's bats. AROD pays for his own. The team also buys the "offbrand" bats for the players. Thats how the companys stay in buisiness. Its up to the equipement manager to make the purchase with the teams account or a team check.

If the Yankees buy Jeter's and Giambi's bats how do they get out to the public through non Yankee sources? Does the team buy the bats but then let the players do with them what they want?

Banned

I think teams have bigger fish to fry than what bats get out! Plus, think about all the baseballs that get away during BP, games, thrown by the umpires, or after the last out in an inning. What do you think teams spend more on, baseballs or bats? I don't know the answer for sure. What do bats cost? $60 and up? Let's say $100 for sake of argument. Let's say a player like Jeter gets 150 per year. That is $15,000 on bats. They pay him $21,600,000. I don't think they care about bats!

Thanks,

The bats go out the back door buddy. You figure it out. As far as what costs more, the bats or the balls? Balls are the most expensive bill the team pays. Bats last much longer than the balls do.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    The bats go out the back door buddy. You figure it out. As far as what costs more, the bats or the balls? Balls are the most expensive bill the team pays. Bats last much longer than the balls do.
    I'm a big fan of the old "back door".

I love it when some goodies slip out the back door.

Gives up little guys a chance at getting some nice stuff.