Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jersey Sig Preference - Front or Back?

When there's a name on the back of the jersey, it's kind of a no-brainer...you get the autograph on the back, right?

What if there is only a number on the back...and it's not some famous number associated with that particular player, it's just a number.

What's your preference on which side of the jersey to get signed?

Re: Jersey Sig Preference - Front or Back?

If it is a game worn jersey I'd prefer it not signed at all, unless it is somewhere on the inside and not visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    If it is a game worn jersey I'd prefer it not signed at all, unless it is somewhere on the inside and not visible.
    Really? I've never heard that opinion expressed, but I'm sure you're not alone.

Banned

If I had to choose, in the situation where the jersey had no name on the back, and only a number, I would prefer to have the jersey signed on the front.

This question has been brought up a couple times before, and if you run a search for the topic, you should be able to find some good opinions.

Also, if you have a minute, would you mind emailing me godwulf? I just had a question for you!

Thanks!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    When there's a name on the back of the jersey, it's kind of a no-brainer...you get the autograph on the back, right?

What if there is only a number on the back...and it's not some famous number associated with that particular player, it's just a number.

What's your preference on which side of the jersey to get signed?
    Definitely: name plate = back
    no name plate = front

My TB orange crush jersey has the auto on the front number and I am always frustrated displaying it because I can't display both the name plate and the auto.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

For some reason, a lot of people tend to get football jerseys autographed on the back and baseball jerseys autographed on the front. Not sure why.

I prefer a jersey to have no sig. I want it to be just like it was when they wore it on the field.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Unless you plan on keeping it.....don't get it signed! Most collectors prefer the jerseys "as is" or "as they were last worn" and NOT signed at all......I have turned down countless jerseys because they were signed......but if you are keeping it for you forever....then sign away ....and I would pick the back.

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON View Post
    Definitely: name plate = back
    no name plate = front
    That's the way I've always gone, too, and the way I'll likely continue to do it.

I just bought and received a couple of jerseys that Matt Williams wore while managing the AA Mobile BayBears earlier this year, and hope to get Matty to sign them some time soon. They happen to be the two jerseys the team wore with no name on the back - a white vest style and a blue mesh bp/alternate uniform jersey - so that's what got me thinking about it.

I always like the auto on the number on the back with the nameplate, except on vintage jerseys, I think the auto looks very classy above the tagging on the front.
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry