Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manny Ramirez 490th HR Bat

Latest Manny Ramirez pick-up that has been video/photo matched to Manny hitting his 20th HR on August 28, 2007 against the New York Yankees, it was Manny's 490th career HR.

On the top of the bat the production date is 8/15/07 which would be 13 days later when the HR was hit at Yankees stadium off Andy Pettitte. Manny also had a single with this bat and then injured his oblique and has not played since.

The areas that match are the glob of pine tar to the left of Sam bat logo and the missing red stain just below the silver logo/tape. Also, the wood grain matches up on the handle, I'll post pics of the handle match later. Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Manny Ramirez 490th HR Bat

Manny used that bat to hit a homer against the Yankees? BURN IT! KINDLING I SAY! haha

nice bat, congrats!

That's a gorgeous bat!!! It looks like a dead on match to me. Congrats on another great pickup.

Chris

Bobby,
    Your still the best Manny guy out there but i am making headway.Props on a beautiful bat.Wish i could get the same from you but you hate me so goddamn much.
    Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Another reallly sweet Manny bat. The mlb.com video archives are going to help a lot of people now with bat matching.

how much did you pay for the bat

Here's pics of the handle match(sorry for the huge pic), I circled the dark maple wood grain area that matched up.

The mlb videos are good, but it tedious work just to pause the frame and get the right shot and its not as clear as a photo.

If anyone finds any pics of Manny with this bat from 8/28/07 please let me know.

Thanks, Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bobby,
    Are you related to Manny?? You must have some connection to him or his family. How do you get all these Manny bat's?? Your Manny collection is got to be unreal(lol)!! I only have one Manny gamer from his Indian day's. I would love to upgrade to a Red Sox one.
    PLMK,
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

What kind of bat has Manny been using since he's come back? It almost looks like an X bat.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    What kind of bat has Manny been using since he's come back? It almost looks like an X bat.
    In at least two at bats in last night's game against the A's, Manny was indeed swinging an X-bat. I only got to see two of his at bats.

John