Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Why Can't Posts Be Edited Now?

Eric,

Why was this changed? Sometimes mistakes are made and people should be able to correct these. Bad decision.

Posting Rules
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

Re: Why Can't Posts Be Edited Now?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy
    Bad decision.
    Good Decision! No "re-written" history!

I agree with Eric's decision. By eliminating the ability to edit posts, it forces participants to think about what they write before they hit the "submit" button. Wise move.

Sammy-
    Thanks for the question. As a matter of fact, Warren and Rob are both correct. I took away the edit function for a few reasons.
    I wanted to underscore how important it is for people to think about their words before posting. It's one thing to say that and say that, but if you look at the posts from the last week, it's clear many people still weren't listening.
    Like Warren said, it also takes away the option for someone to come on here and trash someone, then go back and edit their words and say it never happened.
    We did not have the edit function on the old forum and things worked just fine.
    And just like with the old site, if someone has made a mistake in a post and would like me to edit it for them, I am more than happy to do so. Just contact me at ecky3@aol.com
    Sammy, in my opinion, it is not only a good decision, it is the only option. This is a valuable site and this move will only add to its credibility. if it makes people think even for an extra moment about what they're posting it's worth it.
    Eric

Banned

Hi Eric,

Understand your reasoning.

Thanks for the reply.