Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: I'm so darn mad!

Its not a matter of questioning the integrity of a seller who did it the "right way".

The issue I had was that I asked him if he would end the auction early and sell the item to me, which he agreed to do (at his price I might add)

He then disregarded our arrangement and let the auction run. That's my issue. I put faith

It seems that everyone has a different opinion on this issue and I respect everyone's opinion. I think now though, that we've hashed this over to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Its not a matter of questioning the integrity of a seller who did it the "right way".

The issue I had was that I asked him if he would end the auction early and sell the item to me, which he agreed to do (at his price I might add)

He then disregarded our arrangement and let the auction run. That's my issue. I put faith

It seems that everyone has a different opinion on this issue and I respect everyone's opinion. I think now though, that we've hashed this over to death.
    Did you pay immediately? Was it in the last 12 hours of the auction?

The good thing was that there was a frank discussion about this topic and I'm glad that many voiced their displeasure of those who circumvent ebay to make a deal as it cheats all who would have bid.

No bids doesn't mean that it will end without a bid and sellers need to remain calm and let the listing run it's course as it's not only the moral and ethical thing to do, it often leads to even a higher final selling price.

Look if X is willing to pay Y, it only goes to reason that so will Z!
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

I respect your opinion.

What I find truly fascinating in this thread is that several folks who have posted seem to think that there is something wrong with sniping. There is nothing illegal about sniping and it is not breaking any ebay rules, and it is certainly not immoral in any regards.

If someone wishes to snipe, what is wrong with that? Why engage in bidding up an item by continually going "back & forth" with others?

The main reason I snipe is that I do not have the time nor the patience to make sure that I am sitting in front of the computer each time an auction of interest is coming to an end. I simply use a snipe service and put in the highest amount that I am willing to pay for an item and walk away from the computer. If I win - great! If not, so be it as it went for more than I was willing to pay.

To imply that sniping is somehow breaking the rules or immoral is perhaps the most illogical thing I have ever read in this forum.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons, WFL, Darren Lewis, and Willie McGee items

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    What I find truly fascinating in this thread is that several folks who have posted seem to think that there is something wrong with sniping. There is nothing illegal about sniping and it is not breaking any ebay rules, and it is certainly not immoral in any regards.

If someone wishes to snipe, what is wrong with that? Why engage in bidding up an item by continually going "back & forth" with others?

The main reason I snipe is that I do not have the time nor the patience to make sure that I am sitting in front of the computer each time an auction of interest is coming to an end. I simply use a snipe service and put in the highest amount that I am willing to pay for an item and walk away from the computer. If I win - great! If not, so be it as it went for more than I was willing to pay.

To imply that sniping is somehow breaking the rules or immoral is perhaps the most illogical thing I have ever read in this forum.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons, WFL, Darren Lewis, and Willie McGee items
    +1

I apologize for breaking my promise not to post further on this thread but I do want to address Mark. For all the reasons that you mention, I use a snipe service too. I only raised sniping in this post to point out that those who make off-line offers to end auctions screw over the many collectors who wait until later in an auction to make a bid (including those of us who use snipe services). Sniping is part of an auction. Trying to beat out other collectors with an off-line offer is not.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers View Post
    I apologize for breaking my promise not to post further on this thread but I do want to address Mark. For all the reasons that you mention, I use a snipe service too. I only raised sniping in this post to point out that those who make off-line offers to end auctions screw over the many collectors who wait until later in an auction to make a bid (including those of us who use snipe services). Sniping is part of an auction. Trying to beat out other collectors with an off-line offer is not.

By breaking your promise not to post in this thread anymore, haven't you put yourself in the same class as those sellers who break their promise to sell their item in the ebay auction?

A promise is a promise, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    By breaking your promise not to post in this thread anymore, haven't you put yourself in the same class as those sellers who break their promise to sell their item in the ebay auction?

A promise is a promise, right?
    Geez, give it a break and stop trying to twist and justify...

bigjim,

I'm done with it, I'm just trying to put a humerous spin on a thread that has gotten way out of control.