Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about autograph authentication.

I know this post should probably be in the autograph forum but that doesn't get as much attention.I just bought a beautiful Randy Moss autograph from a legit local autograph hound and want to get it authenticated for possible resale.What is the best company to do so?I have seen some bad PSA/DNA stuff.I know next to nothing about JSA or GAI so any help would be much appreciated.
    Jon

Signed at Josh Becketts bowling tournament:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Banned

Re: Question about autograph authentication.

I just got an autographed card back from JSA. A rookie card signed by Dr. J, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson. I had em' all signed at shows and all came with good coa's from the shows but I figured it would look better encapsulated and sell better too with extra authentication. I've always been a fan of James Spence. I know none of them are perfect, but I think he's one of the best. However, it did take a full two months to get back to me, when in their add it said 10-20 business days. Oh, and it only cost 34.00 total including shipping. Here's the scan of it unless it's too big.
    Greg

Just my opinion, that is one of the worst Moss signatures I have ever seen. I have a UDA autographed Moss Rookie of the Year Jersey for comparision.
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

No one's perfect, but JSA is reputable and generally well regarded. Spence used to be the head autograph authenticator for PSA/DNA.

If you're going purely for resale value, go with Spence.

If you're getting it done because you want a respected, quality individual to give you his opinion, try Kevin Keating or Steven Koschal or Rich Altman.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    If you're going purely for resale value, go with Spence.

If you're getting it done because you want a respected, quality individual to give you his opinion, try Kevin Keating or Steven Koschal or Rich Altman.

Ken
    Thanks for the info.I'll probably look into the latter.
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by big10champ View Post
    Just my opinion, that is one of the worst Moss signatures I have ever seen. I have a UDA autographed Moss Rookie of the Year Jersey for comparision.
    You must realize that during a superstar players career a lot of time the signatures shorten up as the demand for their autograph increases.I could site numerous examples but that would be uneccesary.Here is a more recent example of a Moss auto that comes from Mounted Memories.Matched my example a lot more than yours.Yours was probably signed 10 years ago.This example was within a year ago.And mine was signed two weeks ago.Makes sense right?
    Jon

JSA is the way to go.Jimmy and his son are very nice to deal with in person.

Good Luck.

Geoff

There is probably a member somewhere who know Randy's signature better than any of the afformentioned guys...someone who ONLY collects Moss, and has seen virtually every incaration of his signature. Really, that is the way to go.

BUT, the big guys have so much of a marketing push behind them, that they will always win a popularity contest. I don't use any of them anymore...I have had enough with spending hundereds of dollars on rejected items that I saw signed in front of me at card shows and other signings.

PSA quick opinion failed a Willie McGee bat that I had listed on eBay (for insurance purposes only) with a picture of him signing the actual bat - crack and all...they failed it at 2am....even more controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    JSA is the way to go.Jimmy and his son are very nice to deal with in person.

Good Luck.

Geoff
    This is the way i have decided to go.While i have no doubt to its authenticity i may look to resell at some point becuase there is always i Manny bat i need to drum up paypal for.I think JSA is the best for resale value.Thanks guys!
    Jon