Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I love to see everyone collection!

I have to admit I love the threads that show everyone's collection, game room, favorite item, or a new home made case. What do you think about a section of this forum dedicated to nothing but these types of threads?

Re: I love to see everyone collection!

Here is mine room needs a little work lol..But it's mine but I am running out of room..

Here are a couple shots of my den......sad day, last day of BB for us M's fans ...cheers, Ty
    www.FriendsOfCFF.com

Interesting that none of the jerseys pictured in this thread are in display cases. I have given thought to such an idea due to the fact that my jerseys are not worth a whole lot.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

I once used display cases, but moved away from them for three reasons
    1) They take up a lot of room
    2) I like to rotate which jersey I have up a few times a year. Its easier to do it this way then have to swap them out of the displays.
    3) The displays I do like don't fit behind the bats/racks.
    I have always kept the jerseys in plastic like the ones that are pictured.
    Cheers,
    Ty

I have thought about display cases too, but I didn't like the following about them:
    1. They jut out a good 4-6" from the wall, and since I have couches in my sports room, they either have to be very high or the couches need to be moved further away from the walls.
    2. They are often not wide enough. If the jerseys measure 25" across the chest without taking into account any additional width for sleeves. As these cases are generally 24" across (on the outside only), the jerseys will need to be crammed to fit. If you take nearly a foot off of the jersey width, there are folds all over the place, and it just looks crappy to me.
    3. They are way too expensive to justify. $150-175 for a single jersey case? Ridiculous.

I have been pondering this for a while now, and have concluded that framing was the best way I could display my jerseys. They are professionally mounted, matted, stretched, and can be custom cut to the size of the jersey. I worked with a professional framer on these, laid out the jersey exactly the way I wanted it to display, selected the color scheme of the mats, etc. Not only did the jersey display come out exactly the way I wanted, the entire job is a cheaper solution than the "jersey case."

As for the size... that would be the only drawback. In the end, I will not be able to display as many, but I'm all about quality over quantity. I have not yet mounted my frames because I want to paint the walls first, but they are ready to go up any day now. Here are a couple of photographs:

1. 1984 Keith Hernandez Road BP
    2. 1987 Bill Robinson Home White Pinstripe
    Attached Images Attached Images   

here is my buddy bell/david bell/gus bell collection plus some jim thome and other indians.

take care
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Joninclev: What year is the Thome? Any interest in selling it? Email skyking442@hotmail.com if interested. I also have a Thome Cleveland Cooper GU bat, uncracked if interested.

RK

Isn't framing more expensive than a shadow box???? You said a shadow box is too expensive so you frame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

I just bought 2 football displays from michaels today because the department was 40% off. I think the displays are garbage. Not big enough and the ball stand is made for a basketball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]