Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Need photo help for this Bird jersey.

Lelands has a Larry Bird jersey coming up in it's November auction. Has a Celtics coa with it. BUT, the spacing of the Bird name is odd. It's a 1991-92 home jersey from his last season. It's more spread out than what you normally see, but there's so many fake Bird's from that season I'm not sure which one is wrong. Any help out there? See scans of Lelands Bird and let me know. Thanks,
    Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Re: Need photo help for this Bird jersey.

Here's how the last name usually appears on the 91-92 Bird jerseys. This is from a past Lelands auction.

The road version...

Banned

Yea, that's how they "normally" look, but I"m just curious about this Celtics coa that it comes with. But, I guess if you can fake game used jerseys, it's even easier to fake paperwork. I got a 1992 Celtics home game vs. the Blazers coming where Bird scores 49 points-dvd. So, I can check it easy on that. I got my doubts about the Lelands jersey but you never know. I'll let you know what the dvd reveals.
    Greg

the number font for the "33" is also different.

rudy.

Have you tried looking through any magazines for pictures of Larry Bird in uniform or getty images? I might have a The Sporting News or SI with Bird in it . I will try and look if needed?
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

I've looked at TONS. I have tons. Can't find one like that. BUT, I have a dvd coming of Celtics at home vs. Blazers in March of 1992. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Greg
    PS: As of right now, I think the jersey is bad, but I'll let the dvd have the final say.

Banned

Well, I just watched my new dvd of the Celtics vs. Blazers at home in 1992. Guess what? Lelands jersey isn't even close. The back name is totally wrong, just like we thought. I'm just gonna say buyer beware on that auction. Thing is, it will go for huge money because of the so called Celtics coa that comes with it. If you can fake a gamer then you can fake a coa too, right?
    Greg

around 10-15 years ago there were a bunch of fake letters written up on Bucks, Cavs, and Pistons letterheads for jerseys that were garbage...beware of buying any shirt with one of these letters...the people responsible for these got busted, but they still pop up every once in a while

Banned

Wow-I just went to Lelands and I can't find this Bird jersey anymore? Do you think they read this and removed it from their November auction? Anybody know anything?
    greg