Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

October pick-ups

Let see your latest pick ups for October:

Just go this game used Manny Ramirez Rawlings-Indians bat in from the 1998 season. Bat shows nice game use with rack marks, pine tar, seam/ball marks and blue ink transfers. Looks like an inside fastball ended the life of the bat as it has a slight handle crack.

The person I obtained the bat from said he was at a Indians vs Angels game in California in the summer of 1998 and Manny fouled a pitch off and cracked the bat, Manny then walked over to the dugout to get a new bat and tossed this one into the stands in which he fought over with another guy and ended up getting, pretty neat story!

The season of 98 turned out to be the most rbi's Manny ever hit to date with 145, Manny also had 45 HR's in 98 and also hit 45 HR's 2005.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: October pick-ups

Bobby...Nice Bat....

Well I got this on the last day of September at the M's Kids Care Auction. Ichiro donated a pair of rookie year (2001) batting gloves. The Gold M and 51 on the strap I could only find on images from March to May of 2001, the strap changes in 2001 while the M goes silver around 2002.

I was surprised no one else even bid on them, must admit attendance was low with the loss of post season and rain. They go good with his rookie jersey
    Cheers,
    ty

Ichro on April 8th, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by tym View Post
    Bobby...Nice Bat....

Well I got this on the last day of September at the M's Kids Care Auction. Ichiro donated a pair of rookie year (2001) batting gloves. The Gold M and 51 on the strap I could only find on images from March to May of 2001, the strap changes in 2001 while the M goes silver around 2002.

I was surprised no one else even bid on them, must admit attendance was low with the loss of post season and rain. They go good with his rookie jersey
    Cheers,
    ty
    TY......Thanks!

That's a really sweet pair of Ichiro gloves! I'm a Ichiro fan and want to get a game used Mizuno bat of his someday, I heard Ichiro keeps all his game bats in humidors.

Do you have any Ichiro bats? Would love to see pics of any bats or jerseys of Ichiro.

Best Regards, Bobby

Hi Bobby,
    I am still looking for the right Ichiro bat. I do have a post 9-11-01 rookie jersey. My M's collection is at this link.
    Cheers!
    Ty

http://friendsofcff.com/players/ms%20display.htm

Ty,

WOW! Impressive collection of Seattle Mariners items, great job!

I remember a years ago Ichiro was selling signed game used items thru Upper Deck and his sports agent. The items were expensive but you know they were authentic!

I have a signed Ken Griffey Jr. and Edgar Martinez game used bats from their Mariners day in my collection.

Thanks for sharing your website!

Bobby

Name:  PIC-0009.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  89.2 KB

Name:  PIC-0010.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  104.8 KBI finally got myself a Sosa bat, have wanted one forever!! Also was able to get a signed one, which is very hard to get him to sign them. It is even MLB authenticated but the hologram is not registered??? This is the 2nd item I have got where MLB databasers have not logged in. Pics are bad, took them at work with my cell phone

Note the following message on the MLB authentication area...hopefully this will be resolved soon:

"The MLB Authentication Program Database is currently undergoing maintenance. During this period, there may be delays in publishing updates and additions to the hologram archive".
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Sweet Sammy bat worldchamps. Can't be many mlb authenticated one's of his out there. Is that from the Rangers?
    TYM are you the keeper for the Mariners HOF, awesome collection you have.

Just finished putting together a small project involving the 96 -98 Cardinals. While they were a threat in '96, they lost touch with ESPN until MAC arrived mid 1997 and well, you know what happened. Anyway, I used to go to batting practice at Busch with my buddies and Give Ron Gant a hard time about his gigantic pipes, and HOT wife. Had some really nice conversations with Brian Jordan and Ray Lankford too...the Rams would have been envious of the size and shape of those three outfielders - heck, Jordan WAS a football player! Here is my small tribute to Ray Ray, BJ and "Ronald "Gunz" Gant.

Dave

Jeff - thanks for the Gant model.
    Attached Images Attached Images