Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thumbs up What can I do with this package of Sharpies?

If I were this particular seller, I would dirty up a few gloves and write numbers on them to make it look like they are MLB game used. Aside from this auction, you can get some great deals on Albert Pujols batting gloves, Robin Yount hats, etc. If I am wrong, correct me, and I'll apologize...

Derek Lee Game Used cleats
    LOA states "random Cubs player"

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-LEE-GAME-U...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: What can I do with this package of Sharpies?

He has the same COA listed for a couple of his auctions---it says "Cub suitcase with various Cub equipment". Probably just a sample of the appropriate COA that will come.

Looks like he has a legit Ripken gamer mixed in with it too...I wonder sometimes what buyers think about when they are bidding on a potential high dollar item - and they have the high bid for a week at $.99. I wish I could email them, but eBay will nab me for "transaction interference" - can you beleive that? It's happened before unfortunately.

I saw those, and thought about bidding.

My first question is: Why would a Cubs player wear black cleats? I know they have some blue on them, but I've never seen Lee were anything but blue cleats (sometimes with a little red) with the Cubs. And, I haven't been able to locate a pic of Lee wearing these cleats.

The only pic I can find of him wearing "shox" cleats is in the WBC. But the pic is from the back and its hard to tell if the cleats are navy or black.

And check this out. Not only did he get one Aramis Ramirez game used hat in his suitcase, but he got two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARAMIS-RAMIREZ-G...QQcmdZViewItem
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think this guy sold some Cubs helmets too a little while back that were supposedly used by guys like Sosa and Sandberg and maybe Grace. Something about them just didn't seem right. Maybe it's because all he had were stars helmets, and that while the helmets shows decent use, the numbers looked like they were applied the same day they went on eBay. Perhaps Rob S. could offer another opinion on this seller and his gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Looks like he has a legit Ripken gamer mixed in with it too...I wonder sometimes what buyers think about when they are bidding on a potential high dollar item - and they have the high bid for a week at $.99. I wish I could email them, but eBay will nab me for "transaction interference" - can you beleive that? It's happened before unfortunately.
    The system is set up to make money and Ebay MAKES MONEY on fake item sales. So, while they say they don't support it, they really don't mind.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Just seems like they have been setting themselves up for litigation for a while now. I mean, they were named in the Operation Bullpen case. At any rate, it is impossible to remove all of the fakes out there - BUT they could invest some time in a Wiki type system that allows certain approved members to remove items that are fraud based. If you have 100 guys (and gals) randomly searching for different items that they have expertise in...they could get rid of the obviously questionable ones, and give sellers opportunities to answer pointed questions regarding things like labeling or tagging for borderline items before giving them the boot.

Things are way out of control right now...but I am just harping on things that everyone already knows.