Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Orioles Mike Easler Jersey Question?

Howard, I spoke with my Orioles contact today and his computer at home could only access records back to '98, but he promised he'd look into it when he got back to the office on Tuesday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Howard, I spoke with my Orioles contact today and his computer at home could only access records back to '98, but he promised he'd look into it when he got back to the office on Tuesday.
    Thanks-a few shots of the road is attached (same exact quality as the Baltimore O's jerseys).

Name:  Dscf2141.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  Dscf2142.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  110.0 KB
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard:
    Based on the photographs, I think you should be checking with the Bluefield Orioles. Definitely not a Baltimore jersey, which leaves you with Bluefield or Gulf Coast.
    Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

Funny thing...I'd completely forgotten the High Desert Mavericks were an Orioles affiliate in 1996!

Hi Howard:

I apologize for not responding sooner as I was away on business and didn't get back in town until today. My contact did inform me that indeed the Orioles hired Easler as a Minor League Hitting Coordinator on 10/10/95. However, the hiring was made by Syd Thrift (who was head of the minor league department at the time) and in the ensuing 6 weeks Roland Hemond was let go, Davey Johnson & Pat Gillick were brought in, Frank Robinson was let go, etc. In other words there was a lot of organizational upheaval between October '95 and Spring Training '96 and there is a possibility that plans with Easler changed with the new front office management, since there is no record of him ever being an employee of the club (which is confirmed by the '96 Media Guide). My contact offerred to contact their HR Dept. etc and I told him it wasn't necessary. Since Easler's name wasn't on the back, I'm sure this shirt was most likely worn by some other Minor League Player or coach in '96.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Banned

Bill-
    Thanks a ton.

This may explain why the shirts show minimal use. I have both the home and road, and compared to the other O's minor league jerseys that these came with, they show little use.

I'd rather offer them for sale on this site (one home and one road), and will entertain any reasonable offers before proceeding to list them on Ebay.

Bill, thanks again.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net