Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Photo Matching Websites

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO TAKE THE PICTURES ONCE YOU'VE FOUND A MATCH FROM MLB.TV
    www.freewebs.com/kennysmemorabilia

Smile Good websites for photo matching?

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of Astros game used pinstripe jerseys I'm trying to photo match - a 2005 Biggio and a 2003 Bagwell. I've checked on Getty Images and also Wireimage, as well as a slew of other photos on Yahoo. Does any one know of any more good sites that might have a lot of photos available? I think I've narrowed the Biggio jersey to the Astros vs. Pirates series in early May 2005, but I can't find any more truly conclusive photos. The Bagwell I haven't found anything conclusive in 2003 yet. Anyway, if anyone could help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated! Also, feel free to e-mail me directly at: loumud@yahoo.com

Arrow Re: Good websites for photo matching?

Try Icon Sports Media and do a general search under Bagwell. Don't do a specific date search, as they have some 2003 jersey pics mislabeled as 2004s.

http://www.iconsportsmedia.com/viewp...0&imagepos=141

http://www.iconsportsmedia.com/viewp...0&imagepos=149

There are a good deal more pictures on IconSportsMedia.com of Bagwell, so good luck photomatching.

-Leslie
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Question Re: Good websites for photo matching?

Did you have any luck photomatching the Bagwell? I have been trying - without much success - to photomatch a couple of Bagwell 2003 Home Pinstripes. Let me know how it goes.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Smile Re: Good websites for photo matching?

No luck yet. The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of 2003 photos on the professional sites of either player. There's more of the 2005 season, but unfortunately the series that I think my Biggio jersey is from only has 2 action photos that aren't conclusive. I guess I'll keep looking around, but if anyone gets any more leads on photos sites please let me know!

Consolidated list of photo match websites

Alright I know we have all posted sites here and there but thought it wouldn't hurt to start a thread for everyone to post good sites for matching. I'll start:

Getty Images
    Corbis
    AP Images
    Daylife
    Flickr
    Photobucket
    Sports Illustrated Images

Re: Consolidated list of photo match websites

The photomatch sites are all on my website for anyone to use.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    Alright I know we have all posted sites here and there but thought it wouldn't hurt to start a thread for everyone to post good sites for matching. I'll start:

Getty Images
    Corbis
    AP Images
    Daylife
    Flickr
    Photobucket
    Sports Illustrated Images
    I'll add to those and I think they are linked so you can click on them....

Jamd
    Sports Chrome
    US Presswire
    Icon Sports Media
    Wire Images

Has anyone paid the $75 for wire image full access, are you able to get high res pictures and download them for this without watermarks, from what I can tell you do but wondering about anyone's experience. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    Has anyone paid the $75 for wire image full access, are you able to get high res pictures and download them for this without watermarks, from what I can tell you do but wondering about anyone's experience. Thanks
    Yes you can download full sized images without the watermarks. I believe they come out as 800x600 images, but you can re-size the a little bigger if needed after you download them. I think the biggest I could make an image was up to 1000xXYZ before they became grainy.

They do charge you an additional fee for downloads tough. That price depends on your usage for the image.