Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Pujols Game Issued Bat - ASI

Albert never signs bats at the Winter Warmup. For $150, you can get a ball or flat signed (at least that was the price last year). I doubt the policy on bats will change this year, especially now that Albert is under contract with UDA.

Nope. Albert will not sign anything but 8x10's and baseballs...UD has put the cabash on it - and I am not sure if Albert wants to sign them anyway. The only way to get Albert to sign your bat is to marry into his family and wait.

Seriously. I have been to his restaraunt during lunch and watched how he is mobbed when he comes out from his private room - he is polite...and usually signs 10-20% of the crap put before him...no bats though. At Pujols 5, coasters are the medium of choice. If you bring your bat, call me and I will produce a photo-documentary for GUU.

Still - come out to the warmup. It is worth your time...kind of like a mini Midwest National. It can be crowded, overpriced and stressful - but you will enjoy yourself.

Dave

I have a pujols bat and tried to trade him a painting of him that looked so real that unless you were real close to it you would think it was a photo, to sign my bat. We ended up trading 4 sweet spot full sig signed balls for the painting. He said he could not sign bats due to a contract? That was in 2004.

...and I don't think he had a contract with UD until the end of 2006. He sold everything on his Foundation Website. He knows how valuable his signature is, and is aware of the fraudulent activity associated with it. Even at shows in STL, you only see a few true Pujols sigs. The rest? Purchased from eBay with a COA .

Not knocking Albert. He is quite the philanthropist...just gets a little edgy around the fans and media. The world local media use is "surly".

Maybe one day you will find Albert at a Tri-Star show, and he will sign your bat. You can tell him how you waited 20 years...by that time, you may need an armed guard to walk you through the line...or if he gets traded to the Cubs you can take it to the batting cages (JK)

haha, thanks guys. I had heard that Albert really didn't like signing bats, but didn't know if he made an exception for the Winter Warm-up since everybody was paying him. I figured it was a personal thing that he could pawn off on a 'contract,' as from what I have heard, he has ALWAYS been weird about it, not just recently.

I might still take the chance. I have a friend in StL that I need to visit anyway. Maybe I can beg him/tell him he can personalize it, etc. On another note, does he give the full A.Pujols 5 signature at the Warm-up, or just the standard APj that I see most of the time?

Thanks,
    Josh

You get the nice one at the WW - he does not always include the "5" though. Kind of a crap shoot. You don't get the stadium scribble when you are a paying customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Looks like a previous owner wasn't satisfied with a nicely signed Pujols bat -- they tried to make it look used. The "5" on each end was not written by Pujols or the Cardinals clubhouse staff; not even close to what you'd expect to see (the blue also isn't correct).
    according to the ASI ad, i'm not sure there was a previous owner. the ad states "This bat was not game used however it was made for Albert to be used and then given to us before he had the chance to use it." it almost sounds like it went straight from LVS (or Pujols) to ASI. this would certainly be consistent with ASI's claims that it "obtains 99% of the items from the athletes firsthand".

i'm perplexed by the black rack marks. if the bat wasn't ever really game-issued how did the black rack marks get there?

both the #5 and the rack marks suggest that not only did Pujols take possession of the bat, but that it was also placed in bat rack(s) waiting to be used by Pujols. right before Pujols could use it though, the ebay ad states, ASI received it. if it's determined that the model is wrong and the #5 is wrong, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that the rack marks aren't legit? if this is the case and ASI itself states it recieved the bat before Pujols used it, you have to wonder who added the rack marks and #5. afterall, if ASI "obtains 99% of the items from the athletes firsthand", then it seems that they likely obtained this from Pujols himself. If that's the case and the model, #5, and rack marks are all not legit, then ....

rudy.

I've got a bat almost exactly the same as the ASI bat. Full sig on a M9 bat without a model #. The bat has a #5 on the knob and black rack marks on the barrel of the bat.
    I bought my bat from Grey Flannel several years ago and they told me that it was used by Albert in BP. I've since asked them about the bat and they keep telling me to send it to John Taube. No idea how the LOA would read from JT stating that I have a show bat that shows BP use & is autographed, but hey...I'm the sucker that bought it in the first place.

Here is the reply that I got from ASI when I asked them about this particular bat.... hmmm.....

This bat is not a show bat. This bat came directly from Albert himself

- asi-auctions

cards-bats,

does your bat have any ball marks?

rudy.