Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pujols Game Issued Bat - ASI

Just saw this one on eBay. In an earlier thread, there was a discussion about replica bats that looked much like issued bats - they had no model number though...and I thought they had a number on the knob (07, etc.) symbolizing the year manufactured. This bat has no model number - before I bid, I want to make sure that this is a true issued bat.

In my experience, asking a seller about an item like this is touchy...like you are accusing them of being shady. The other thing is the numbers written on the bottom and in the cup. I have a bunch of Cardinal bats, and none have a number written in blue sharpie....

The signature is 100% authentic, no doubts there.

Check it out when you have a minute. Thanks, Dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-SI...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Pujols Game Issued Bat - ASI

Looks To Me The Bat Is Actually Game Used Due To The Fact Is Has The Mlb Player Symbol On The Bat With Tpx Which Ive Never Seen On A Replica Bat So I Would Say That It Is 100% Authentic

Quote Originally Posted by 05whitesox View Post
    Looks To Me The Bat Is Actually Game Used Due To The Fact Is Has The Mlb Player Symbol On The Bat With Tpx Which Ive Never Seen On A Replica Bat So I Would Say That It Is 100% Authentic
    IF YOU CHECK OUT GETTY IMAGES AND LOOK UP AARON ROWAND YOU WILL SEE HE TOO HAS HIS NUBER IN HIS BAT CUP ALSO

All our game issued bats have the players model number on the barrel...period.

Second, It's an Ash bat, he hasn't ordered Ash from us in a very long time.

Third, it looks like a C271 from what I can see, he's never used one.

Don't quote me on that last one, the barrel doesn't look like it flares out enough to be an I13L.

Quote Originally Posted by 05whitesox View Post
    tons of retail LVS bats have the mlb logo with the tpx symbol. ta da:

http://www.louisvilleslugger.com/bas...gamep72dj.html

http://www.louisvilleslugger.com/bas...mepc271kg.html

for anyone seriously interested in collecting game-used bats, i think purchasing vince malta's newest book is imperative:

https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/store/

you probably couldn't find a better way to spend $39.95. i believe it's also available on ebay. after reading the book, you'll find there's a lot more to game-used bats than an mlb or tpx logo.

rudy.

This bat was made to be autographed, not used. Looks like a previous owner wasn't satisfied with a nicely signed Pujols bat -- they tried to make it look used. The "5" on each end was not written by Pujols or the Cardinals clubhouse staff; not even close to what you'd expect to see (the blue also isn't correct). What a waste -- I bet this was a great bat when it was mint and signed.

My thoughts too. Is that the ASI that is listed in many collection publications? It's the main reason I asked about the bat in the first place...if it is, then they are risking cred. by listing such a bat - and provenance that does not exist. I knew Jeff would chime in about the blue sharpie...it just does not happen like that in STL. Numbers are almost always in black - or silver on black...and on a few occasions, I have seen gold on dark brown bats in the late 90's.

A replica bat such as this one is - signed by Albert might fetch a few hundred bucks. Now, I wouldn't want it in my collection.

Thanks for the help guys!

Dave

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your help on my Pujols game used X Bat issue I had last month. Even though nobody could say anything for sure, I pulled the trigger, and it passed PSA/DNA. Now, hopefully, I can get Albert to sign it.

I'm thinking about making the trip from Cincinnati to StL for the Winter Warm-up. Does anybody know if Albert will sign bats if you manage to get a ticket for his line?

Thanks,
    Josh