Fake WFL Southern California Sun jersey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: Fake WFL Southern California Sun jersey?

Originally posted by G1X
    Generally speaking, expect to pay between $150 and $500 for most teams unless it is a well-known player such as Danny White (Memphis Southmen).
    Yes, all the WFL jerseys I have seen have sold for very reasonable prices. As you said, I have seen a few star players sell for a little over a grand. I collect basketball jerseys of oddball and obscure teams. The WFL is right up my alley, as far as football goes. It seems after 30 years, there would be more interest in the league from collectors. I guess the collectors live in the shadows, but get great deals on the league's memorabilia! I was watching (and forgot to bid on eBay) a SoCal Sun double knit sideline warm-up with the same Sand Knit tags that you posted. It sold for $60. That's so cheap for something so rare! I am a graphic art buff and dig the far out colors of the WFL teams.
    I am very fond of the documentary about the WFL, that used to play on ESPN Classic regularly. Does anybody remember when the ESPN classic sports network played classic sports?

Comment

• HassanWM
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by G1X
      flaco 1801,
      I am a dealer, so please don't insult me, my ethics, or my intelligence as your rash statement about dealers is off base and unfair to those of us who try do the right thing.
      I will vouch for Mark because he is speaking the truth. Mark is in a class of dealers who absolutely believe in only fully fair, legitimate transactions. His integrity is in the class of MeiGray, at the very least. Some dealers believe in fair transactions, to the fullest degree, and they are an asset to this hobby beyond our expectations. Jim Yackel is another. I will admit, I've been saved from my own self by such kind people who took the time and interest to make sure I don't get ripped off.

For those who want to see a real 1975 So Cal Sun jersey (same year Anthony Davis played), here is one worn by "Mad Bomber" Daryle Lamonica, his second to last pro jersey...

Thank you for pointing out the size tags, Mark.

Comment

• G1X
        • Nov 2005

Hassan,

Thanks for the kind words.

Mark Hayne
        Gridiron Exchange
        gixc@verizon.net

Comment

• cohibasmoker
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

Many, many years ago, I sent Murf Denny a pile of authentically tagged salesman sample jerseys. They were priced and advertised by Murf as salesman sample jerseys and they were selling pretty well.

Well, as the hobby goes, a couple wound up being advertised as “game used” so what did we do? Murf marked the inside of the remaining jerseys with either “Sample” or “R” for replica. The result? Very few of the remaining jerseys were sold and I got most of the remaining jerseys back.

What did I do? I gave them away as Christmas (sorry if I offended anyone on the forum by using the term Christmas) gifts.

Jim

Comment

Working...