X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvandor
    Banned
    • Apr 2007

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Was a Joe Malinconico the Dolphins equipment manager in those days? A Google search turns up nothing NFL related on this name.

Comment

• Eric
      • Jan 1970

For a good look at the nameplate, check out Jim Yackel's Pete Stoyanovich 1994 Dolphins throwback he's selling here

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• G1X
        • Nov 2005

Gentlemen,

One thing to keep in mind is that even if it is concluded that Marino did not wear the full sleeve stripe pattern of 3 aqua stripes and two orange stripes (that do not connect) in the Vikings game, he could have worn a different jersey in the 9/18/94 game against the Jet that had the full stripe pattern. If I were interested in the jersey, I would need to closely review game footage from both games to observe the sleeve stripes on Marino's jerseys. If anyone out there has either of these games on tape or a Dolphins' 1994 season highlight tape, please take a look and let us know.

Mark Hayne
        Gridiron Exchange
        gixc@verizon.net

Comment

• RKGIBSON
          • Mar 2006

I spoke to Victor today on the Marino jersey. The following is what I found out:

The sleeves are hemmed on the bottom with a regular straight stitch.

The name on the back is stitched on.

The Wilson tag is in the neck with no date flags. The name plate stitches goes through the tag.

No photos were found. They looked on 2 sights. The team paperwork was deferred to. Lou looked at it and had some of the same questions but the paperwork is rock solid.

The pant are not thought to be from this year, at all.

I told him my main question was the sleeve length. As always he says "if I'm not comfortable with it don't bid".

Roger

Comment

• lund6771
            • Dec 2006

"if I'm not comfortable, don't bid"?????

what proof does the 100% team have that this shirt was worn by Marino?

anyone can take a letter and pair it up with a jersey...

Once again AMI is showing their high level of customer service by giving a great customer nothing more than a line...

couple this attitude with their photo shoots, it shows how classless this company really is

Comment

• Eric
              • Jan 1970

Originally posted by RKGIBSON
              I spoke to Victor today on the Marino jersey. The following is what I found out:

Lou looked at it and had some of the same questions but the paperwork is rock solid.
              So Lou couldn't solve the riddle YET he still writes a letter on it? I'd love to see a copy of it

Here are the letters of authentication for this item listed by AMI
              Authenticators

PSA/DNA Auction House Letter (Read Details)
              100% Authentic Team (Read Details)
              Equipment Manager Letter
              Lou Lampson Personal Letter

Comment

• lund6771
                • Dec 2006

Hi Roger...

I'm a bit confused...does Lou's "personal letter" state that he also has questions about the sleeve length?

Comment

• RKGIBSON
                  • Mar 2006

I have personally never seen the large type Wilson tag in the collar. Sometime in the 90's they did put a small red "W" tag in the collar.

I did not take any offense to Victor's comments. I speak to him on a regular basis and find him quite engaging and knowledgable. Our conversation on this jersey was a lot more involved that I posted. The paperwork is why they took it. I wish we could find a picture of the missing game. Its hard for me to believe they had very many jerseys for 2 games, a game jersey and a backup. My guess is this is the backup, but who knows without visual proof.

Roger

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jan 1970

Here's some pics from the other throwback game vs the Jets

Comment

• CollectGU
                      • Nov 2005

I'm confused. Jim Yackel's Stoyanovich jersey is supposed to be the throwback style worn that year but it seems incorrect based on this photo from Eric(unless he wore 2 different throwbacks for each game- one altered and one not altered although that seems unlikely)....The sleeves he is wearing in this photo match the ones on the Marino being offered...

Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

• CollectGU
                        • Nov 2005

Eric,

Did you contact Jim regarding his Stoyanovich regarding the photo evidence you supplied? It probably would be the right thing to do....

Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

• Eric
                          • Jan 1970

Originally posted by CollectGU
                          Eric,

Did you contact Jim regarding his Stoyanovich regarding the photo evidence you supplied? It probably would be the right thing to do....

Regards,
                          Dave
                          Dave-

You are the person calling Jim's jersey "incorrect." I simply provided game photos of the Dolphins Jets game from 1994. Again, how do you know that Stoyanovich didn't wear a different shirt in the other throwback game versus the Vikings.

We have seen that players are wearing Dolphins throwbacks with different sleeve designs. Why couldn't that be the case here?

Eric

Comment

• CollectGU
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eric
                            Dave-

You are the person calling Jim's jersey "incorrect." I simply provided game photos of the Dolphins Jets game from 1994. Again, how do you know that Stoyanovich didn't wear a different shirt in the other throwback game versus the Vikings.

We have seen that players are wearing Dolphins throwbacks with different sleeve designs. Why couldn't that be the case here?

Eric

Eric,

You are right there is a possibility that he had a different jersey for each game and one he cut and one he didn't cut. We would need to find a photo of him in the Vikings game to be sure...

Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

• beantown
                              • Nov 2005

I tried to help some of the forum members here by finding a picture of Marino in this jersey...I didn't find that but I found this and thought it looked very similar to the jersey being discussed, especially the nameplate...also jersey can be ordered in a length that would be considered "game cut"...thoughts anyone?

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,MN-DOLP94T13.html
                              Attached Files

Comment

• mvandor
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2007

There are visible differences between a M&N retail and this jersey. First I saw was the placement and size of numerals on sleeves but I guarantee you the material would be noticeably different as well.

Comment

Working...