Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

There appears to be no separation on AMI jersey. but look at photos of back of jersey. That is what I was referring to earlier, it can be deceptive to look at jersey and not take into consideration that separation will be more evident when stretched with pads. The photo of the back of the jersey shows separation.

The "W" looks to be touching the orange outline of the number in the game photo. Looking at the back of the jersey in the auction listing, there looks to be a space between the W and the number on the left sleeve. A great jersey though even if it wasn't actually worn!

Quote Originally Posted by ducksdukes View Post
    There appears to be no separation on AMI jersey. but look at photos of back of jersey. That is what I was referring to earlier, it can be deceptive to look at jersey and not take into consideration that separation will be more evident when stretched with pads. The photo of the back of the jersey shows separation.
    Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. Looking at the AMI jersey, the stripes on the left sleeve (if you were wearing the jersey, it would be your left sleeve) are evenly screened.

The right sleeve, if you were wearing the jersey had the stripes screened slightly off.

Those match the corresponding sides in the shot of the back of the ami jersey.

And they don't match the corresponding sleeve in the autographed photo you were kind enough to post.

To say it a different way, the spacing on the stripes on Dan Marino's left sleeve in the autographed photo don't match the photo of the ami jersey
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Here are several issues to ponder:
    1. Can anyone tell for sure from the auction house photos (or asked the question during the auction) whether the auctioned jersey has satin shoulders or mesh shoulders?
    2. Does the bottom tip of the "V" of the neck collar of the auctioned jersey touch the horizontal shoulder seam as seen in the Getty photo from the Jets game and ducksdukes photo, or is there a gap?
    3. Has anyone established for a fact that Marino wore only one jersey in the Jets throwback game, and only one jersey in the Vikings throwback game the following week? (Players have been known to change at halftime.)

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Here's a shot of the Marino with the contrast levels changed. Does this help establish where the 'v' touches the horizontal shoulder seam?

Name:  contrast.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  cropped.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  18.3 KB

Banned

Look at the W's verticle placement on Marino's left shoulder, it's higher in the pic than on the AMI, or at least appears that way to me.

However, I agree there could be multiple jerseys involved over those two games...

Just a quick comment to say that I am finding this thread to be very fascinating. The possibility of two jerseys during a game is a great twist to this "hunt"!

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Wow...great photo find that proves he is wearing this style jersey. Pete I would like to see this supposed video you have that disputes this picture.

Regards,
    Dave

Good news....the videos that I ordered last week from the 2 games just came to my office...I will view them when I get the chance later and post back