Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Dr.P

what do you consider being the "ultimate"?

if you are looking for a REAL GAME-WORN jersey I can help you with that...

what is your e-mail?

Pete

Pete,

I tried to send you a PM but your account was not accepting them? You can send me one if you'd like. An "Ultimate" Marino to me would be an unwashed Photomatched jersey with a Letter from Pat Catello (A must!)
    Marc

Dr.

contact Chris C. and he will give you my cell #...

Guess what I found....ain my collection....a game photo of Dan in the 94 TB jersey. The AMI jersey is an exact match with the photo. I am still investigating the equipment manager but Lund....the jersey is an exact match. You can search film all day long....jersey is photo match.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow...great photo find that proves he is wearing this style jersey. Pete I would like to see this supposed video you have that disputes this picture.

Regards,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ducksdukes View Post
    Guess what I found....ain my collection....a game photo of Dan in the 94 TB jersey. The AMI jersey is an exact match with the photo. I am still investigating the equipment manager but Lund....the jersey is an exact match. You can search film all day long....jersey is photo match.

Even the distance between the numerals on the sleeve and the start of the stripes appears dead on....

Quote Originally Posted by ducksdukes View Post
    great photo. Am I wrong or does the AMI jersey have no white border between the teal and orange on the shoulder numbers and the game photo does.

I don't know how to compose a side by side comparison- can anyone help?

Also, the sleeve striping on the AMI jersey is perfectly alternating where on the game photo the orange seems to be hugging the teal right above it.

Just my opinion, but I think you might have proven that the marino sold by AMI is not the one in the game photo because of the numbers and striping of the left sleeve...

Could it be a backup jersey?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

The stripes do not match up with the game photo, plain as day. Style match only. Probably an "extra" jersey, I don't think the final price was too unreasonable. Would have gone for a lot more with a definite match.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    great photo. Am I wrong or does the AMI jersey have no white border between the teal and orange on the shoulder numbers and the game photo does.

I don't know how to compose a side by side comparison- can anyone help?

Also, the sleeve striping on the AMI jersey is perfectly alternating where on the game photo the orange seems to be hugging the teal right above it.

Just my opinion, but I think you might have proven that the marino sold by AMI is not the one in the game photo because of the numbers and striping of the left sleeve...

Could it be a backup jersey?
    Spacing between the stripes is the same. Keep in mind that Marino is wearing the jersey with pads. In other words the jerseys is stretched as opposed to photo of just jersey. Striping is identical. Again, that does not confirm that it is the same jersey....but it confirms that photo is identical match. I think if Catello verifies equipment manager identified in AMI Coa then highly probable that the jersey is authentic. I have a contact who will attempt to verify info with Catello next week.

Can someone put those photos side by side so we can see the striping on the left sleeve?

And what about the white border in the shoulder numbers?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...