Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Hybrid View

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Ducks...there is no question that Marino did not wear this shirt in either of the 2 throwback games....unless the guy that I use for video matching drank 30 beers that night and his eyes played tricks on him when looking at the sleeves

anyways...it won't make any diiference...auction is over with...just like their previous auction showed that there was a fake Brett Favre sold and we still haven't heard if there was a refund offered then

I have yet to view any concrete evidence in this Forum that Marino either did or did not wear the jersey in question. Further, I have not seen where any accuser has followed Forum rules and contacted the Seller with their concerns.

As previously stated, I could not care less about this jersey. However, I do care about the integrity of this Forum, and I find it terribly irresponsible to come here and make accusations without providing proof or following Forum rules.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Unless you obtain game used equipment directly from the athlete after a game it is impossible to 100% guarantee that the equipment was game used. Even COA from a team can be subject to scrutiny because you have to trust the reputation of the source.

Of course some equipment can be ruled out because of obvious irregularity. I have not seen any irregularity and/or discrepancy with the AMI Marino jersey to suggest it is anything less than what it purports to be. The photographs demonstrate that the AMI jersey is consistent with the photo of Marino during the Vikings game. This was a game that the TB Dolphin jerseys were used. The patch placement is the same, the sleeve striping is the same, the lack of the NFL logo shield is consistent and the W (Wilson logo) is in the proper position. Based upon the description of the item the collar has appropriate Wilson tagging, sleeves are cut to Marino specs with diamond pattern under the arms. Of course we would need to see the jersey to confirm the description with respect to these qualities but based upon what is visible between photographs, I do not see anything that constitutes an obvious flaw. If I missed something that is open and obvious, please advise.

With respect to video evidence, again it would have to be open and obvious. I am not sure how you can gauge sleeve length (unless huge discrepancy) without having the actual jersey instead of photo.

I believe the exchange of information is beneficial and thus we allow people to make informed decisions.

This is the last time I'm posting on this topic...

Ducks...look at the pattern on Marino's right sleeve in the pic of the Vikes game closely...

from the bottom of the sleeve, the color bands go in this order:

1. green
    2. white
    3.orange
    4. white
    5. green

the sleeve pattern shirt that AMI did sell was as follows:

1. green
    2.white
    3. orange
    4. white
    5. green
    6. white
    7. orange
    8.white
    9. green

So, this eliminates the Vikings game...Ducks, the pic from the Jets game is only a head shot...the only thing that can be verified from this pic is that it correctly does not have the NFL shield...just because the shield is absent does not make the whole shirt a match!!!!...

I'm telling you guys...The Marino shirt from the Jets game does match the
    Vikings shirt...and both don't match the AMI shirt

I think this forums accuracy is incredible and it's a good way for collectors to watch out for each other from all the scams out there...And there seem to be more scam artists in this hobby than in some dark alley...Mark, are you a dealer or a collector?......

I'm not preaching on a soap box...I call 'em as I see 'em...I don't have all day to e-mail people with issues within their own business...they can read it here for themselves...If you got a problem with that, request to have me banned...my motivation is to not see people getting screwed over

In Post #56, I stated that I did not want to waste $50 proving that AMI put another fake jersey in the market because I felt that no good would become of it...

Well a few buttons were pushed so I did go out and get the videos and they 100% proved that Marino did not wear the jersey that AMI sold...

Dr. P has also spent a lot of time rounding up pictures from Pat Catello who has both jerseys...this was also verified by the Dolphins themselves...

There is also now a strong possibility that the LOA was a complete sham as well

So now the question is...where is all of this headed?

Why has there been no response from someone within AMI on this?...Dave O' Brien is always quick to chime in with erratic posts...where did he go?...he's not on vacation because he's posting on other threads...Do they think that by being silent, that the wind will blow this away?

For the record...this thread will not go away unless the administrators lock it up...to much effort has been put in to let this thread fade away

Is this considered fraud since there has been no recourse?...should this info be sent to someone?