Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DR.P
    • Feb 2006

Re: AMI Dan Marino

What I stated, which is clear if you read it, is that I would be interested in buying Marino's THROWBACK jersey, and yes, I think it is worth 20K, there are only 2 in the world! That is what this post was originally about, wasn't it? All of a sudden, everyone feels that any Marino jersey is worth the same price and is offering to sell theirs. I would still love to buy THAT shirt, but we have accomplished the location of it, Catello/Dolphins, and it is not for sale. This was what AMI fraudulently offered!!

Comment

• CollectGU
      • Nov 2005

DR. P,

Can you ask Pat to send you pictures of the jerseys and have them posted here so we can view them and check them against the photos and video evidence?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

• DR.P
        • Feb 2006

I am working on it. I spoke to his agent last week and requested that. He is supposed to address this on his radio show Monday after he interviews Don Nottingham if there is time. I tried to call in last week but could not get through. If I receive them, I will post them. The picture that is posted here with him, shows him hi=olding the Minnesotta game jersey.

Comment

• CollectGU
          • Nov 2005

I'd like to see the Vikings one especially to compare it to photos we have. In the one he is holding in the picture( which is the Vikings one right?) it seems the anniversary patch is sewn much closer to the numbers than in the photos we have of that game. I look forward to seeing what you can get us.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

• DR.P
            • Feb 2006

I will try my best to get pics of the Vikings game jersey. Talked with the Dolphins earlier in the week, but they are impossible to deal with.

Comment

• lund6771
              • Dec 2006

Tonight I viewed the Dolphins-Vikings video from 1994...

Again, with 100% certainty, the AMI jersey does not match the jersey that Marino wore that day...

the jersey that Marino wore against the Vikings is basically the same as he wore against the Jets..the only difference is the location of the "w" logo on the sleeve...thus Marino did were a different jersey in both games

unless the Dolphins wore these jerseys in a THIRD game, this jersey was only touched by Marino to autograph it

I also did a search for equipment manager Joe Malinconico, who signed the letter...internet searches list Bob Monica listed as equipment manager and nothing comes up for a Joe Malinconico

Can someone help me with posting links for my "suppossed" videos?...they are on a disk now

Comment

• mvandor
                Banned
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by lund6771

Again, with 100% certainty, the AMI jersey does not match the jersey that Marino wore that day...

the jersey that Marino wore against the Vikings is basically the same as he wore against the Jets..the only difference is the location of the "w" logo on the sleeve...thus Marino did were a different jersey in both games

unless the Dolphins wore these jerseys in a THIRD game, this jersey was only touched by Marino to autograph it

I also did a search for equipment manager Joe Malinconico, who signed the letter...internet searches list Bob Monica listed as equipment manager and nothing comes up for a Joe Malinconico

Can someone help me with posting links for my "suppossed" videos?...they are on a disk now
                I mentioned earlier I did the same Google on the equipmet manager and came up empty. Would love to see if the name means anything to Catello.

Any possibility they got the year wrong and this jersey was from the following year? Sometimes jerseys carry over from the season of issuance if they're still in solid shape.

Comment

• lund6771
                  • Dec 2006

jersey can't be from another year because it has the 75th anniversary patch....And 1994 was the first year that teams started wearing throwboacks...

This jersey was NEVER worn in a game...

Comment

• CollectGU
                    • Nov 2005

Pete,

Anything on the Stoyanovich?

Thanks,
                    Dave

Comment

• lund6771
                      • Dec 2006

didn't look at the Stoyanovich...this thread is about AMI Marino

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                        Paid Users
                        • Jan 1970

didn't look at the Stoyanovich...this thread is about AMI Marino
                        Hello Dave,

I think what is being referenced in the quote above is the forum rule about no topic changing. This thread is intended to discuss the Marino jersey. If you would like to discuss the Stoyanovich jersey please feel free to start another thread about it. Otherwise, please make sure posts on this thread relate to the Marino jersey.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
                        Chris
                        Christopher Cavalier
                        Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• DR.P
                          • Feb 2006

I've got the photos!! I just received the photos of the actual Throwback jerseys worn in the Vikings game and the Jets game from Pat Catello's agent. I know I was a bit of a pain in the neck pursuing them, but thanks so much Alice, and of course Pat, for letting us view these, as it is truly appreciated! I am not the best at working with computer photos, but I will do my best to post these.
                          I was given some information as well... Both of the Throwback jerseys are unwashed. The Vikings game was worn on Turf, so there is obviously no major dirt stains, however the most noticeable marks are a fold type mark on the back #1 and a turf/helmet burn on the front #1. These can be seen in the game film. I was also told there are some Viking remnants visible on this shirt as well. The Jets jersey still has all the dirt marks throughout the jersey. I viewed the Vikings jersey at the Miami Dolphins stadium and remembered the fold mark. This is the ONLY year Marino ever wore a throwback style jersey. They also sent a photo of the pants Marino wore. As far as I am concerned, this issue has been put to rest! I am interested to hear if Pat mentions this on his radio show tonight.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• CollectGU
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
                            Hello Dave,

I think what is being referenced in the quote above is the forum rule about no topic changing. This thread is intended to discuss the Marino jersey. If you would like to discuss the Stoyanovich jersey please feel free to start another thread about it. Otherwise, please make sure posts on this thread relate to the Marino jersey.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
                            Chris
                            Chris,

The Stoyanovich jersey is absolutlely relevant to this thread as it was used as a reference point in the thread for proper NOB fonts for these jerseys. Don't you think it relevant to verify the jersey being used a reference point if you have that capability and if you are going to use the jersey as a reference. If this is where it was referenced, I don't see how it isn't relevant to this thread....

Dave

Comment

• lund6771
                              • Dec 2006

Dr. P...

Interesting pictures...another difference between Pat's jerseys and the phony AMI is the Wilson tag in the collar...I remember when Wilson switched from the larger Prestige tag to the smaller W tag...

I have never seen the Prestige tag in the collar...can you imagine how uncomfortable it would be on the back of your neck with that big tag rubbing on you?

Anyone from AMI care to comment?

Comment

• lund6771
                                • Dec 2006

Dave...

your attempts of throwing out smoke screans are not working so quit trying to send this thread into a different direction

The jersey that AMI has put into the market is fake...

Comment

Working...