Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do any of your friends/family members ever ask to wear your equipment?

Earlier this week I get a call from my girlfriend and she said: "Tomorrow we have to wear our favorite sports team jerseys at school so can I pleaseeeeeee wear one of those worn jerseys you have on your wall?"

pshhhhh

yea right

I gave her one of my own jerseys but after her asking me this question, it leads me to ask; Have any of your friends/family members ever ask to wear/use any of your game used memorabilia, and if so, do you let them?

I had some friends over last week and one wanted to take some pictures with my game worn hats on, and ofcoarse I said no. Then we were playing pool and one needed a glove to wear and he said "let me get one of those gloves in the case" and ofcoarse, again, I said no. I'd love to hear any other stories you guys might have.

Re: Do any of your friends/family members ever ask to wear your equipment?

Yes I Have Had That Same Problem With Everything I Have For Instance My Stadium Seats From Us Cellular Field Everyone Who See's It Ask's To Sit On Them Which I Would Never Let Happen And My Gameused Bats Everyone Has A Habit Of Trying To Take Them Out Of Their Case To See How Heavy They Are.

My first Wright bat I bought earlier this year my wife picked it up and was like this bat is dirty you got ripped off as she started to swing it and I was like no it's broke. Nooooooo do not touch anything Then I explain ....Then her comment is why do you waste your money.But she does love what I have done with the bedroom She knows better than to touch the jerseys...

Im a little my lenient with my stuff. I dont have any of my bats in cases, just racks, so I dont mind them being picked up or swung if not broke ofcouse. Figure you can't hurt them. I play MLB 07 The Show is my Busch Stadium seat. It gives me an advantage over my competitor Just wish it had a cup holder on it!

I don't have a problem letting others handle bats(as long as they are not severely cracked), its not like the're going to hit anything with it. As far as stadium seats go, I don't think letting friends sit in the seats will do anything detrimental to them as long as they're mounted- plenty of different people sat in them before I got them. Jerseys are pretty much my only items with the hands off rule.

Kelly

Our church had a Sports-Themed event for the kids in the church. My wife came to me and asked if the staff could use some of my stuff. I told her to ask everyone what sizes they wanted but I picked everything out.
    The guys were kind of impressed, even though it was all minor league stuff; the women had no idea what the teams were.
    All in all, I was just hoping for a little leniency later on. I was a pretty bad kid and all. Never hurts to kiss up to guy upstairs from time to time.
    Kyle

[quote=cigarman44;56186] I play MLB 07 The Show is my Busch Stadium seat.quote]

'Atta boy. I am buying a pair right now cigarman444. By the way, we should get in touch - I'd love to see what you have in your collection.

My buddies are allowed to pick up bats that are out of display cases...actually, I do it frequently. I am in the process of learning how to repair busted bats, so there are a few broken ones out too...they are allowed to pick them up, but no swinging.

I took a Scarborough Green bat to the batting cages once and a friend of mine shattered it. That was fun.

I am pretty picky with most of my stuff. My wife makes fun of me. My kids love to go in my sports room, but at 6 and 3 they dont get to very often. Most of my stuff is in some kind of case, so it doesnt get touched much. I am even hesitant to let my friends go in there because I dont want to be rude, but dont touch!

Jason

ripken8@bellsouth.net

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Earlier this week I get a call from my girlfriend and she said: "Tomorrow we have to wear our favorite sports team jerseys at school so can I pleaseeeeeee wear one of those worn jerseys you have on your wall?"
    In Los Angeles public schools it is forbidden to wear team caps, jerseys, jackets, etc. Gangs have adopted team colors and logos to represent their "clubs". In North Carolina, "UNC" means University of North Carolina, here in L.A., it means Unified Neighborhood Crypts. Those lil' rascals! They may shoot someone wearing the wrong colors! Dang those skamps! But what can you do? Kids will be kids...

both-teams-pack-heat

The future Mrs asked to wear gamers and pose for pics in it shooting hoops and doing yardwork and shoveling manure. I said "What the hell do you think this is, an AMI catalog?"