Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: What are your thoughts on GAME USED THEN compared to GAME USED NOW

Then, it was a hobby. Now, it is an industry.

These SCD ads were posted some months ago:

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
      • Sep 2007

Yes, it is too bad that MLB teams couldn't be more proactive and keep logs of the Jersey's in a manner that would result in better record keeping of the true usage. The idea of a serial number or bar code in a inconspicuous place would be outstanding, especially if it can be tracked or verified online.

Going back to the idea of how much game use modern Jerseys get...

Too much money in the game today and teams like their players looking neat and clean and that means crisp uniforms.

There are still some players who are superstitious and will wear the same Jersey for ever and those are cool to get. Then there are the players who will wear a Jersey only once and that's it.

Then there are the starting pitchers who only wear their jerseys on the day they pitch...

The bottom line is that if it can be documented that it's a real game used item, it's good with me for the most part. The Wells Road Jersey I have from the 2007 Dodgers was only worn once, but it is game used...it's a size 54 and was used by David on his first game against the Met's...

I believe the rest of the season he was wearing size 56's, so for that reason it's cool to me....

If you check out the pictures of him with the Dodgers one will see that the Jersey he wore against the Met's fit him a bit more snug than the rest of the Jerseys he wore with the Dodgers....

Gee, would one call that size or fit matching?
      Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• ahuff
        • Nov 2005

Here is an example of a minor leaguer using a Molina bat. Sorry for the large photo, but I didn't know how else to show that it was a minor leaguer and still see the barrel of the bat.
        Attached Files
        "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• richpick
          • Oct 2006

It's tough and I understand many peoples concerns about current superstar's stuff. For me I will concentrate on older stuff and non-star current players. With all of the current suspect stuff it will heartbreaking for an avid collector to realize 10 years down the line that some of his stuff is fake. I wish somehow we could all pitch-in to a fund and buy some of the fake stuff and then have a GUU bonfire and destroy it forever. I know that buying it we are supporting the crooks but it seems that apart from this forum many times we are helpless against the crooks. But, back to the question I receive more joy out of a pounded vintage jersey of anyone more then a suspect jersey of a current star.

Richard

Comment

Working...