Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'd like to know what everyone thinks

im thinking about switching over from collecting gameused memorabilia to collecting gameused baseball cards for about a year or so.So i can gather a couple thousand to sell them to earn money for some gameused memorabilia. So was wondering if it would even be worth it and would i be able to make enough money to buy( like a thome crede gameused glove for $600). kyle i would really like to hear from you seeing as you started of collecting gameused cards and sold them to switch over to actual game used items

Banned

Re: I'd like to know what everyone thinks

Personally I cant stand the idea of cutting up jerseys, bats, ect. and putting them on cards. I think its better to keep the items whole!!! I know that more people can enjoy it that way if they are cut up and put on cards, but to me I dont understand that argument! You wouldn't cut up the Gettysburg address and sell bits and pieces so why cut up a jersey?? Personally I think collecting game used cards is rather juvenille...its great if you're 10. Since usually thats who I see in cards shops going nuts over them. I dont think there is a huge market for them, but thats just me...maybe there is. I think the card collecting hobby is dying sad to say. I loved it as a kid, but when I got to college it seemed it started to fizzle out. Stick with the game used is what I would do.

Personally, I would not do that. There is just no money in game used cards or even autograph cards anymore. The only way I could see this even working would be if you were able to acquire a huge lot of game used and auto cards for a very, very low price. Another way that may be possible, would be acquiring high end cards of superstars and flipping those if you get them cheap enough. I would try to find another avenue of selling them besides ebay though because you can get some game used and autos as cheap as a penny; granted you have to pay shipping. Cards are just not like they used to be as they are grossly over produced. I have a stack of game used and autos that Id be happy to get $3 or so a piece out of lol.

Just my opinion as I have lost all interest in cards besides Montana Rookies, Elway Rookies, Marino Rookies, Greg Maddux and of course, Travis Taylor!

whatupyos im only 15 thats why i thought i would be better for me this way
    check out my site
    www.freewebs.com/kennysmemorabilia

Banned

Fair enough, didn't know...I assumed you might be older. Its worth a shot, but dont be surprised if you dont make a ton of cash, I just dont think there is a market like there used to be for any cards, whether autographed, game used or cards in general.

The game used card boom is over, save your money.

Where do you feel that you would be abe to acquire these at a price that would allow you room to make money? I say stayy away. Also, if you're 15 it's a perfect time to get a part-time job. Work 10 hours a week for yhe next couple months and there is your glove!

Looking for a full ticket or ticket stub for the following game:

1996 Seattle Mariners at Toronto Blue Jays, 25 June 1996

Alex Rodriguez hit HR #15 (20th of career) in this game.

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Looking for a full ticket or ticket stub for the following game:

1996 Seattle Mariners at Toronto Blue Jays, 25 June 1996

Alex Rodriguez hit HR #15 (20th of career) in this game.

Regards, Tony
    Sorry, ignore this. Too quick with the clicking. Meant to add to another thread.

Kenny,
    The thing to remember is you're only 15 and you have nearly a lifetime to collect this stuff. Once you have a job you'll find that you have some extra money for game used stuff.

In my opinion switching over to game used cards is not recommended. I'm sure you could make a buck or two selling them, but everyone on this forum hates them since they go against everything a game used collector stands for. You would have better luck flipping game used items on ebay and other auction houses.

Take your time, have fun with the hobby and keep cheering on the Sox!

Mike
    http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/