Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1925-28 Pat Duncan Gamer / Side Written Tony Cuccinello

Thought I would share a vintage game used bat with the fellow vintage guys out there. This is a 1925-28 Pat Duncan Louisville Slugger. Duncan played for the 1919-24 Cincinnati Reds. "In game four of the tainted 1919 World Series, "Black Soxs" conspirator Eddie Cicotte deliberately mishandled Duncan's grounder, beginning a game winning rally for the Reds." Bat shows tremendous use with multiple vintage nails in the back of the barrel.

Bat still has part of a mailing labelling label attached next to the Louisville Slugger Centerband. Best part of the bat, it is side written for Anthony Cuccinello 4-12-28.

Tony "Cooch" Cuccinello played for the 1930-31 Cincinnatti Reds, 1932-35 Brooklyn Dodgers, and 1936-40 Boston Bees, 1942 Boston Braves, and the 1943-45 Chicago White Sox. Cuccinello was an all-star in 1938 and 1945. Tony's brother Al Cuccinello played for the 1935 New York Giants. Tony's nephew is Sam Mele.

I have had this bat in my collection for several years now and it is still a favorite. I have had a great time researching the history and players involved. This is what the hobby is about. You can keep all your Manny and Ortiz bats, I love the challenge of a nice vintage bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

Re: 1925-28 Pat Duncan Gamer / Side Written Tony Cuccinello

Additional Photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Brian
    big10champ@msn.com
    Always looking for Vintage University of Minnesota items, Minnesota Twins Game Used Bats, and Minnesota Wild Game Used items. View some of my collection at http://community.webshots.com/user/GopherCountry

Re: 1925-28 Pat Duncan Gamer / Side Written Tony Cuccinello

Thats a beautiful piece.. Nice patina!