Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Stadium Seats: To sign or Not to Sign???

Just an idea/question here. Recently purchased a pair of Tiger Stadium seats. Just throwing this out for imput. If an anniversary show for the Tigers were to arise for the 68 or 84 team where the whole team were to be there, what do you think about me hauling my double seats to the show for signatures on the seat's back??? I would not drag this from show to show obviously. It would have to be something big. What does everyone think???

RK

Re: Stadium Seats: To sign or Not to Sign???

I'm not familiar with those style seats.. is there any way that you can unscrew or unbolt the backrest and just bring it..It seems that it would be awfully cumbersome to drag around

RK,
    I guess it's like getting g/u gear signed. Some like it, others don't. I can't really explain why, but I go back and forth about equipment autographed. For example, I don't want any of my photomatched things signed.

If I had your seats though, I'd leave them as they are, gum and all. I've got a pair of seats from Atlanta Fulton-County Stadium that were used from 1966-77. I've thought about trying to get Hank Aaron to sign them. Cost of getting that done aside, I've now convinced myself that doing it won't make me like those things any more than I already do.

-Jason
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

I say if you want to get it signed, get is signed.

I say that you shgould sit in them and enjoy them. If they are signed, I would always be afraid of ruining the sig. Get a photo or a banner signed and put it on the seats for display. My 2 cents
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Bob,

I believe the plastic seats sold by the Tigers recently were replaced in the ballpark in 1977, so I would not get the 1968 team to sign seats that were not at the stadium when that team played.

On the 1984 team, maybe get one seat signed and keep the other blank. Just an idea to have one of each.

I was going to buy a set of the seats until I found out they were not present before 1977.

Tom Duino