Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

who is your favorite player? how many game used items?

just wanted to start a thread of your favorite player and what you have as far as game used items of that player. mine is buddy bell, which moved into gus bell, buddy bell, david bell, mike bell and rick bell. my dad pulled me out of 1st/2nd grade to go to meet the cleveland indians at general electric day back in 1977/1978. i met buddy and he talked to me for about five minutes about fielding ground balls etc... for a 8-9 year old hearing a player tell you what to do was gospel. keep your butt and glove down, set, make a strong throw so here i am nearing 40 with a bunch of game used stuff, still keeping my butt and glove down. (though my back hurts more and my arm is as strong as a twig).

i still need to add a detroit tigers jersey and a kansas city royals jersey to the collection. some of the highlights are a 1963 milwaukee braves gus bell jersey needing to be restored. a 77 and 78 cleveland indians jersey, 82 84 rangers jersey, 86 reds jersey, 89 astros jersey, david bell indians and phillies jersey. a bat signed by the bell family gus,buddy, david and mike. two 1982 all star bats one from rawlings? and one louisville slugger, a 1976 bat plus various others.

so who do you collect and why?

take care
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Re: who is your favorite player? how many game used items?

I have always been a huge fan of great right handed hitters.I have also been a lifelong die hard Red Sox fan.Since 2001 Manny Ramirez has been my favorite all time baseball player.He may be wacky and at sometimes downright strange but there is no denying that Manny is one of the all time best right handed hitters the game has ever seen and a first ballot hall of famer.My collection of Manny stuff has shrunk by a bit this last month but i'm now back to buying Manny stuff so if you have any shoot me an email.
    Jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

I have been a fan of Dave Kingman since I was in high school (I am 44 now and still collect his stuff). I have 7 GU jerseys, about 2 dozen game bats from pre-rookie to end of career, and also have millions of photos and oddball.

Mark McGwire: GU home Huntsville Stars double signed heavily used jersey, Nike cleats signed, 88 and 89 WS bats one is signed, one Oakland signed GU bat. Also did a display of signed stuff as well as HR tickets from 98...

Jim Thome: Have GU bats from the Indians and Sox, and a GU Phillies 2004 home jersey.

Adam Dunn GU bat, seeking jersey, etc.

Collect the bats of members of the 68 and 84 Tigers. Too many to mention, but always looking for these guys. Advise... RK

Banned

Larry Legend. I have his 86-87 home jersey. 1987-88 home warmup jacket. His rookie era game used converse green shoes with Celtics coa. And, I'm working on a 90-91 home jersey deal as we speak. His stuff his hard to find. LEGIT stuff is even harder to find. Would like to find matching shorts for the the jersey and matching pants for the warmup jacket.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Banned

Jeff Kent for baseball. Got his 2005 home Dodgers jersey. Game used bats from Dodgers, Astros, and Giants. Want a game used bat from every team he played on.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

My favorite player was Tony Gwynn. I have a GU jersey, bat and cap.

My favorite Cardinals player growing up was Ted Simmons. I have nine of his GU bats and a GU cap from the early '70s.

I also collect Gary Gaetti items because we grew up in the same town. I have GU bats of his from all six teams he played on; jerseys from Minnesota, KC and St. Louis (TBTC); and a Twins batting helmet.

Well, my 2 favorite players are:

Brendan Harris: 8 batting gloves, 2 bats, 2 cleats

Chris Ray: 1 pants.

i really enjoy threads such as these.

i can appreciate the amount of time, energy and compassion that goes into collecting GU items of a favorite player.

i recently posted pics of most of my Ray Lankford collection here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=11084&page=2

i have about 25 GU items in all and still actively pursuing his items.

although Rays items are considered affordable, they are becoming more and more scarce, which, in a way makes it all the more enjoyable.

I am with "The Legend" on this one...

We both collect Ray Lankford stuff - although I am not exclusively dedicated to Ray. I agree that his stuff is becoming scarce because people are beginning to remember what a great player he was.

I guess that it's true of many players - like Willie McGee...another guy I collect that the supply is drying up on.

I am fortunate to have found another person that has a Lankford collection in case I decide to move some items, etc.

Of my collection of Cardinal outfielders, I guess I have about 30 bats. Most are players that I enjoyed watching...Eric Davis, Brian Jordan, Ron Gant, Willie McGee, Ray, Edmonds, etc.

value is unimportant...

My favorite player is Kobe. I have four full uniforms. 2 of the autoed.