X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lund6771
    • Dec 2006

Re: New Fake Wash Tag Number (0929R2) from MSAUCTIONS

Jim...

what was his explanation for the doctored tagging?

I don't understand why a guy sells stuff as "issued", but then alters the tagging?

is the intent to make an extra $100 or so by adding this tag?

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by lund6771
      Jim...

what was his explanation for the doctored tagging?

I don't understand why a guy sells stuff as "issued", but then alters the tagging?

is the intent to make an extra $100 or so by adding this tag?
      I can't speak for the seller, but his explanation was that he didn't sell it as being "Game Used" or a Made for Pro Use Jersey. Then he says that he has seen resewn tags before...double speak....

Jim
      Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• cigarman44
        • Aug 2007

He says right here.."Team issue velcro between 2nd and 3rd buttons to secure jersey" Doesn't that imply that it is game issued? I don't collect game used or issued jerseys but that is what I would have taken from it.

Let me see if I am correct...under the 0062 on the tag is the 7 digit number under it unique to each jersey? I have gathered that some have popped up with that same number under the 0062 on wash tag.

Thanks

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
          • Sep 2007

The seller without admitting any wrong doing has agreed to a refund on the jersey and I will leave it at that and allow you to make up your own mind about it.

I ended the listing pending receipt of the refund....
          Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
            Paid Users
            • Jan 1970

Hello Everyone,

Let me make it clear up front that Game Used Universe has no direct involvement in this situation nor have we ever done business with MASAuctions.

With that said, I just received a call from Mitch Shumaker who brought this thread to my attention...I have been busy today and have not read all the threads on the forum. In an effort to resolve the situation, Mitch has offered to refund Jim his money for the jersey (he also said Jim can keep the jersey if he likes given he has gone through the trouble of getting the signature on it).

Mitch said he is doing so because of the confusion regarding the jersey. However, Mitch did claim that he did not doctor the jersey (he said he received it the way he sold it) and would appreciate it if the accusations that he doctored the jersey ceased. Personally, I would have to say that unless someone has proof to the contrary that seems like a legitimate request.

Also, we are leaving the thread open for its educational content regarding tagging. However, if there are any posts going forward that contain accusations that cannot be substantiated the thread will have to be locked immediately. I trust everyone understands that decision as it is consistent with our goal of helping educate collectors in a responsible manner.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. However, if you have any questions, please note that GUU's interest in is providing an educational venue for collectors to share information and not trying to mediate private dealings that are done outside of GUU.

Sincerely,
            Chris Cavalier
            Christopher Cavalier
            Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

Working...