Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Fake Wash Tag Number (0929R2) from MSAUCTIONS

I recently bought a Game Issued NOT WORN Dodgers Jersey from MSAUCTIONS that has the following Wash Tag:

The number that Kingjammy24 identified (from the same seller) as being a fake was 0503B2. As you can see this one has 0929R2 and as you can clearly see, it is sewn on the outside of the seam.

The next picture will show clearly that there was an original (my guess 6200 wash tag) that was removed as evidenced by the remnants of where it was cut out!!!

There is an upside to all of this, and that is that I learned from it and it didn't cost me too much, plus I got Derek Lowe to sign it on the back, so it's a nice collectible, but clearly wasn't as advertised and I would hazard to say it was an obvious alteration by the seller as it has been pointed out that he has done this many times before with wash tag coded 0503B2...

Again, add 0929R2 to the suspect list!!!!

I would again like to thank the expertise of kingjammy24 for his insight on the fake wash tags and to all the others here with great knowledge!

The sad thing is that I actually gave MSAuctions a Positive FB that I have now added a comment to to reflect the jersey had a bogus Wash Tag....the funny thing is that it's still a nice jersey and is in fact a real Authentic, but albeit a retail jersey.
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Re: New Fake Wash Tag Number (0929R2) from MSAUCTIONS

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. You may be interested in reading the following related thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=4814

I'm glad to hear that you are taking a positive attitude toward your shirt. Thanks for bringing this information to GUF.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Reid:

Interesting reading for sure.....I guess it's hard to expect a leopard to change his spots afterall....

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of your situation. You may be interested in reading the following related thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=4814

I'm glad to hear that you are taking a positive attitude toward your shirt. Thanks for bringing this information to GUF.

Actually it's MASAUCTIONS, I don't know why I typed in MSAuctions. Maybe an Administrator could correct that for me!

Sure, I'm a bit bitter about it and more so that I didn't detect it initially...that's what I get for not doing my homework and acting like a know it all, lol.

Well, I now am a proud owner of a wash tag altered Jersey as a reminder to be more diligent. Knowledge is a great tool and I will never have to worry about buying another sewn over the outside of the seam, fake wash tag jersey again and the intent of this thread is to pass my mistake on so others can learn from it.

Sure, many of you already know about MASAuctions as you have been around here for longer than me, but at the same time, many are just learning about this forum who don't and need to know about sellers who have no problem with passing off crap....

My small loss may save someone else from this seller and that will be my good deed for the day.

Just so there can be no confusion, here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270162065905

My understanding is that MSAuctions is the same person/entity as MASAUCTIONS. If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    My understanding is that MSAuctions is the same person/entity as MASAUCTIONS. If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me.
    You are correct, that is why I posted a link to the actual listing...their store is MS Auctions.

I loved reading the back and forth of the link to the prior thread, however, the seller is a piece of shiite and there is no amount of white wash to cover it up. Those who choose to defend him are guilty by association and are doing themselves no good.

The hobby to remain vibrant and healthy needs to ferret out the weasels like MASAuctions/MS Auctions!

This is probably old news regarding masauctions on this forum, but I caught him shill bidding against me on one of his own items on ebay. Funny part is he ended up winning his own auction then sent me a second chance offer for the same jersey within seconds of when the auction ended. I took him up on the offer for the jersey only because he agreed to throw in the matching shorts for free. The jersey showed up, but he never sent the shorts as agreed. I e-mailed him a number of times, but eventually gave up as he just kept telling me he made no such deal even though I sent him copies of all of our corresponding e-mails. That was my one and only transaction with him... He is bad news...

On the auction photos, the seller intentionally hid the area where the tag is sewn onto the top of the seam and took a blurry pic so the numbers on the bottom could not be read.

Look at the pic of the Dodgers logo on the sleeve, that photo is crystal clear. Deception all the way!

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    On the auction photos, the seller intentionally hid the area where the tag is sewn onto the top of the seam and took a blurry pic so the numbers on the bottom could not be read.

Look at the pic of the Dodgers logo on the sleeve, that photo is crystal clear. Deception all the way!

Bobby
    Yeah, he knew what he was doing. I just hope this one is a good educational thread and gets promoted as such as the more people who see this the better.