I just wanted to write everyone to add some possible relevant information to Lot #64 from Vintage Authentics current auction. The auction is for a "Eric Chavez 2001 Game Used & Autographed Jersey A5."

I purchased a green blank team issued A's jersey back in 2003 on ebay. I bought the jersey with the intention of having it customized to Eric Chavez #3 which I did through authentic lettering in chicago. I then was able to have Eric Chavez sign it at Spring Training in 2004. The jersey sat in my closet until this past spring when I sold it on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1).

After this point, I do not know the path of the jersey. However, I believe that the jersey that I sold could have been altered and consigned as game used. The differences that I see between the two jerseys are that the one I sold had a "2 inch extra length tag" present while the VA does not. Also, the size "46" tag appears to have more distance between the Raulings tag and the top of the number 46 than the VA jersey does. This is all speculation, but if the 2 inch tag was removed, the 46 tag could have been moved at the same time. The highlighted puckering between my jersey and the VA jersey seems to be the same. Also the signatures seem to line up pretty well. The similarity between the signatures could be due to the fact that well the same person signed both jerseys (I understand this), but the placement also seems pretty much the same to me.

Now I could be completely crazy and these could be two separate jerseys. However, this site has taught me to do research and let the facts speak for themselves. I would love to hear your opinions on my opinion.

The following are pictures that I took prior to selling the jersey on ebay and pictures from the current auction.

My jersey:

Lot #64:

my jersey:

Lot 64:

my jersey:

Lot 64: