Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey

Hockey

So there doesn't seem to be much interest in game used hockey stuff am I missing something or is that just the case? My GF has me all into Hockey now and I see at the Coyotes games they have some game used Jerseys, gloves and sticks for sale in the team store thought it might be kinda cool plus my buddy came with us to the opening night vs the St Louis Blues with his daughter and after the game one of the Coyotes came over and gave his stick to him for her now I want a stick!!!!

Re: Hockey

I'm glad to see that people are beginning to get excited about hockey season. Believe it or not, hockey gamers are HUGE!!! The last time I really followed them was a year or two ago. Then, they carried an even higher premium that baseball gamers. If you do get into them, be sure to do your homework, as even teams will make up game ready jerseys and offer to sell them to fans. A great beginning point would be to contact Barry from Meigrey. He can certainly help you out, if you have an interest in the hockey side of the hobby.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Hi OaklandAsFan,

Glad to hear you are excited about hockey jerseys. I am the President/COO of MeiGray, and we run the NHL Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program. We authenticate and market the game-worn jerseys for 14 of the 30 NHL teams, and directed the NHL-MGG Program from 2002-2006, when we worked with 22 NHL teams.

In my opinion, the hockey game-worn jersey market is the most reliable when it comes to authentic game-worn jerseys vs. potential fakes, or "pro-cuts" passed off as game-worn.

Feel free to contact me, or MeiGray, or ask here if you have any more questions about the hockey market.

Thanks,
    Barry Meisel, MeiGray

Break out your hockey items. I have a 1974 HOF Rod Gilbert and Derek Sanderson N.Y. Rangers game used stick(s). The Gilbert has a date stamp on the spine "DEC 27 1974" so does the Sanderson,but I can't read it as well.

Unfortunately,as a kid I played with them. But everything still on it is original. If I didn't play with them and worn down the tape I would not have seen the date stamp.

thanks for the responses I am glad this was a case of my inexperience in the field and not a lack of interest. I myself at this time cannot afford to be purchasing memorabilia (95% of my collections was direct from the player or the batboys) so I would most likely shy away from purchasing anything at this time however I am definately on a mission to get a something from someone i did get a practice puck From Shane Doan on Saturday. I have noticed its alot harder to get autographs from hockey players than it is from baseball players!!

Is the Coyotes team store just way over inflating prices or what are what they charge in the appropriate range for things? they want $1600 for a game worn jersey (and not from one of their "stars") $160 for game used sticks and I forget what they wanted for the gloves I want to say somewhere around 200 but I could be wrong.

Thanks again guys!

They don't know how to price their items yet. Hey,if people buy them that's the price. But I have a feeling that they won't move and someone will inform them of the going rate. Steiner is selling Wrights jersey for $5,000 so a potential hockey HOF's jersey should be around half that.

I'm just realizing that the old fashioned store date stamp is the equivalent of the MLB Set tag for the 1974 NHL Sherwood sticks. The only problem is as with my sticks,you'll have to remove the tape job at the bottom to see it. Is anyone familiar with the policy of hand stamping the date on NHL sticks from the early 70's?

www.gamewornjerseys.com and www.gameworn.net are great forums like this one for hockey stuff. As far as just jersey collectors go, I'd wager there are a lot more hockey collectors than the other 4 major sports.

Like Possum said hockey game used stuff is really popular and is by far the most safe stuff out there. When you have access to so many teams it makes it easy. NBA should also get much better with MeiGray tagging their jerseys now. I hope someday the poster Unfrozen Caveman finds his way here. He is just too funny on gamewornjerseys.com.

Hockey is what I started out collecting back in the early 90's. I have a modest collection of game worn goalie jerseys, mostly backups ,as well as some auto'ed pucks , goal sticks, and goalie photos. I have a very cool Andy Brown game used Northland goalie stick from '71-'72 season.
    Paul

I collect Rangers pugilists from my younger days and old-time EHL particularly Long Island Ducks related.