Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Authentication Lie Pictures

the signatures look like forgeries to me. impressive forgeries, but forgeries nonetheless.

you could send this ball to psa/dna or gai and you would most likely find the same resulting opinion: the ball is probably a fake. and that sucks.

if this "local sports store" of yours is operated by decent people, they should refund your money. however, I believe your previous post stated that the people who sold you the ball have refused to give you a refund.

my advice: ask for a refund again. if they refuse, you can make a formal complaint to the better business bureau. or, take your story to a local newspaper (it's a good human interest piece) and stick it to your local sports card store with some good old fashioned "bad press."

the mere mention of your willingness to go a newspaper could make the seller reconsider: no business wants bad publicity. period. and no business wants bad publicity as the holiday shopping season approaches.

good luck! and let us know how it turns out!

-bscott.

The "d" in Ted(Williams) is bad. It's a good attempt but fake. The problem and challenge,for a decent forger is to create many signatures on one item. If you thought you did your best work with the Williams,you must continue on the tightrope with the other signatures. I started out with signature collecting before game used and it's my opinion it's fake. I also contribute to the autograph forum also you can try over there for an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHalliburton View Post
    Those signatures look like they may have been done by the Marino guy that was caught forging so much.
    My thoughts, also.

Ones that I have received personally that appear to be fake: Ernie Banks, Eddie Mathews, and Harmon Killebrew.

I purchased some from Scoreboard that don't match, as well. They are: Willie Mays, Hank Aaron (I have 2 one Scoreboard and one that was on a team signed ball -authenticated).
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

20+ years collecting autographs, I believe all the signatures are off.

None of them look right to me either. Didn't the Marino family mark their 500 club balls with some type of infrared marker near the ROA/RON stamp? I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything. Seems like those marks usually ended up turning yellow.

I did come across this page on Richard Simon's site. Lots of interesting stuff and opinions here about PSA and those goofy "autograph" insert cards.

http://richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

I can confidently say those are all fake on the 500 ball

the Pujols cards are good though

I appreciate your help. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

-Matt