Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

New to Forum- Need your thoughts on Seahawks Jersey

I am new to this forum and really need some help on a Bosworth GU Jersey that Vintage Authentics is auctioning off. (lot number 364).

I would like to get it but I do not know anything about older Seahawks GU items. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks, Chris

Re: New to Forum- Need your thoughts on Seahawks Jersey

If the jersey doesn't have any markings or characteristics that can be photo matched, I would go through Getty Images and try to at least style match it. At that point, if you can style match it, you have to decide if you trust the source enough to spend the cash.

I took a look and it does not look real to me. Every Boz picture, he is wearing a jersey with the mesh type material. This jersey is not made like that.

My two cents - I have about 20 Seahawks GU Jerseys and it's obvious that lettering on name plate is incorrect. The Seahawks used rounded letters in that era, however the "O" are too round and the width of the letters are also incorrect. Also noted Boz didnt use the tighter mesh but liked the lighter fishnet mesh. Hope this helps.