X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: World Series bats

Originally posted by metsbats
    The Hampton bat as well as the Dykstra, Strawberry, and Dyer are unused. The Bordick was used in the series and Franco's was used in BP. Who knows Uncle Kurt may have taken some hacks with it too while visiting the field before the game.

Hampton was good for the Mets that one year and we should be glad he didn't sign a long term deal as his career tanked after 2000!

Kurt that is
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• eGameUsed
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Metbats,

Those are some impressive WS Bats. I wish I had more from the 2005 Astros, but they are so tough to come by. I have only seen a handful out for public sale, including a Eric Brunlett (eBay last May or so, but wasn't used by him), a Morgan Ensberg (from a local collector but wanted $2000 for it), and a Jeff Bagwell (that I am still working on getting). I have also had 2 Chris Burkes and a issued Morgan Ensberg.

Thanks,

Comment

• suave1477
        Banned
        • Jan 2006

Hampton was good for the Mets that one year and we should be glad he didn't sign a long term deal as his career tanked after 2000!
        His Career tanked in the 2000 Post Season, he complained that it was too cold in New York to play that's why he couldnt pitch well.

Well what did ya expect to happen playing on a World Series contending team that goes in to October in New York.

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by eGameUsed
          Metbats,

Those are some impressive WS Bats. I wish I had more from the 2005 Astros, but they are so tough to come by. I have only seen a handful out for public sale, including a Eric Brunlett (eBay last May or so, but wasn't used by him), a Morgan Ensberg (from a local collector but wanted $2000 for it), and a Jeff Bagwell (that I am still working on getting). I have also had 2 Chris Burkes and a issued Morgan Ensberg.

Thanks,

Those Clemens and Biggio 2005 WS bats are impressive too!

David
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
            His Career tanked in the 2000 Post Season, he complained that it was too cold in New York to play that's why he couldnt pitch well.

Well what did ya expect to happen playing on a World Series contending team that goes in to October in New York.

Hey suave check this out!

metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
              • Nov 2005

Larry Walker from 2004 and Albert Pujols from 2006

Click image for larger version

Name:	pujols_WS.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	640385

Andrew
              info@AllStarsPlus.com
              Regards,
              Andrew Lang
              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
              202-716-8500

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Andrew,

That's an interesting 2006 Pujols. It looks like a regular game model bat with the 2006 WS emblem burned. I don't believe all WS bats were stamped that way and had the typical "2006 World Series" stamped under the players name.

Wonder if this was a special order made for Pujols.

David
                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

Andrew,

That's an interesting 2006 Pujols. It looks like a regular game model bat with the 2006 WS emblem burned. I don't believe all WS bats were stamped that way and had the typical "2006 World Series" stamped under the players name.

Wonder if this was a special order made for Pujols.

David
                  David - Definitely a valid point and I don't have the answer. Albert got 25 extra of these bats so it was a special order.

I was told by UDA that the bats were the same he was issued for the 2006 WS. These bats never showed up on the UDA website and were an immediate sellout so I couldn't find an online description.

Hopefully the Louisville rep who posts on the Forum can shed some light on that.

Andrew
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BMH
                    I also got to say it's nice to be able to relax now. Rushing bats for next day delivery has been difficult. Our head turner also took vacation during the NLCS and ALCS. Our other turner is good but took him a few trys to get the weights correct.
                    BMH - Any idea on what my Pujols 2006 World Series bat is (pictured in the Post below)?

thanks. Andrew
                    Regards,
                    Andrew Lang
                    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                    202-716-8500

Comment

• BMH
                      • Jul 2007

Hmm, the bat itself looks like the regular ones he orders. I've never seen the BBB (brand between brands) like that. In our Pro department we never made them like that but 25 on them could have been taken over to our Special brands department and engraved. I really need to keep better track of what's happening on my floor

I won't be able to get a good answer until later next week. I'm off for the weekend and the plant is shutting down for my Aunt's funeral Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I'll be in Orlando for the equipment manager's meetings. So I won't be able to look up records until then.
                      Brian Hillerich

Comment

• cigarman44
                        • Aug 2007

I seen those Pujols bats for sale on his Foundation website. I emailed them about the bats. They told me they were neither game used or issued just commemorative bats that were signed and numbered. They went for 900.00 a piece on the website.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BMH
                          Hmm, the bat itself looks like the regular ones he orders. I've never seen the BBB (brand between brands) like that. In our Pro department we never made them like that but 25 on them could have been taken over to our Special brands department and engraved. I really need to keep better track of what's happening on my floor

I won't be able to get a good answer until later next week. I'm off for the weekend and the plant is shutting down for my Aunt's funeral Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I'll be in Orlando for the equipment manager's meetings. So I won't be able to look up records until then.
                          BMH - Thanks for the info and sorry about your Aunt.

cigarman44 I seen those Pujols bats for sale on his Foundation website. I emailed them about the bats. They told me they were neither game used or issued just commemorative bats that were signed and numbered. They went for 900.00 a piece on the website
                          Cigarman44 -- Did the Pujols bats you saw for $900 have the UDA hologram? thanks. Andrew
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• cigarman44
                            • Aug 2007

Yes they were all UDA. THey told me that there was only 25 made and all were numbered. YOu could only get them on his website or Upper Deck. I thought about getting one but 900 seemed pretty pricey. They are sold out of them now just checked the site. They still have the UDA World Series balls for sale 500 a piece (WOW!) and they were selling signed WS Jerseys as well.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cigarman44
                              Yes they were all UDA. THey told me that there was only 25 made and all were numbered. YOu could only get them on his website or Upper Deck. I thought about getting one but 900 seemed pretty pricey. They are sold out of them now just checked the site. They still have the UDA World Series balls for sale 500 a piece (WOW!) and they were selling signed WS Jerseys as well.
                              I got one of the WS jerseys too. Very nice Authentic with the 6200 wash tag.

If you are interested in either of them, let me know.

Andrew
                              info@allstarsplus.com
                              Regards,
                              Andrew Lang
                              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                              202-716-8500

Comment

• metsbats
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BMH

BMH, My condolences.

David
                                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

Working...