Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arod opts out!

Arod opts out!

They just announced it during the World Series. Scott Boras said that Arod will opt out of his contract with the Yankees......where to next?

Re: Arod opts out!

I heard the announcement during the Game 4 WS telecast. If it is true, the ramifications are enormous.

Andrew

Andrew - think we could get Alex to like DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Andrew - think we could get Alex to like DC?
    Jim - We would even let him play Shortstop!!!!

I would expect the Cubs, Angels, Dodgers and possibly the White Sox and Red Sox to make a serious run. Sure other teams like the Orioles will show interest, but it may take $250 million for 8 years to get him and there aren't many teams who will spend that type of money!!!!

This will be an interesting off-season.

Andrew

I think it will be the Cubbies that get him but Moreno may not be afraid to open up that fat checkbook of his to get him which as an A's fan kinda scares me. Arod and Vladdy on the same team whew that could be a nightmare.

Watch out the Giants are sleepers in all of this. They cleared room with Bonds contract gone. Peter Magowan likes to make a splash with big names, like he did in 1993 when he brought in Bonds. They need to fill that stadium to pay it off. I saw GM Sabean at a local high school game 23 weeks ago, if AROD is available they will be involved. Personally Pay-Rod is a full to go to another team like the Cubs or Giants, he'll be walked just like Barry and lets see if really is a as good of a hitteras Bonds. No Griffey, No Palmeiro, No Yankee line-up, possibly no high scoring AL team. I think AROD is setting himself to be disliked like Bonds. Selling out for money.

not 23 week ago 3 weeks ago my typo

You really think Sabean is gonna give up that huge of a contract after the Zito debacle this year??

Did you see how much money has dropped off the payroll. Bonds, Benitez, Vizquel, Feliz, Klesko, etc. The moneys there, I guarantee that. They need a star to fill that stadium, you heard it here first! All that freed up money, newer stadium. Who else would they sign?

Who cares? He's so overrated and overpaid. Major league choke artist in the post season over and over again. What exactly has AROD won in his career?

Any owner willing to pony up that kind of money for AROD is crazy.