Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Rolls-Royce of Bat Display Cases

who makes the finest bat display cases? i'm looking for a stand-alone (non-wall mounted), enclosed case for 3 or 4 bats. who makes the best cases money can buy? (functionally and appearance wise).

thanks,

rudy.

Re: The Rolls-Royce of Bat Display Cases

This is a guy I know that does great work. A Mom and Pop organization...pride in his work, etc...though I don't know if the product is what you're looking for.

http://www.wagnerbats.com/otherproducts.html
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Hello Rudy:

Although I have not bought from these guys yet, Jim Caravello has his bats displayed in cases from this company and he says they are the best in the business. Although I don't own a case yet, I would have to agree based on the pictures.

http://www.homeplateheroes.com/index.html

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Rudy,

I've seen these in person, and they are pretty tough to beat. In fact, I know this guy sells quite a bit to players (back in 2003, I was in line behind Kerry Wood's wife when she was buying a bunch of cases for his stuff). Pricey, but really quality stuff...

http://www.sportsdisplays.com/baseba...ses-c-257.html

Good Luck,

Rob

Rudy,

I spoke too soon. The homeplate heroes case company was the one who sold all the cases to Kerry Wood's wife. However, I've also seen cases from the link I posted, and they seem to be close in quality. Truth be told, however, I'd give the edge to homeplate heroes.

Rob
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    Rudy,

I've seen these in person, and they are pretty tough to beat. In fact, I know this guy sells quite a bit to players (back in 2003, I was in line behind Kerry Wood's wife when she was buying a bunch of cases for his stuff). Pricey, but really quality stuff...

http://www.sportsdisplays.com/baseba...ses-c-257.html

Good Luck,

Rob

Rob:

What is the best color combination to use in terms of wood and the inner liner to display primarily black bats or a Walker finish bat?

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

This is something I have been pondering too... I want a single case to hold about 6-8 bats. It needs to fit a specific wall space.

I have taken a look at a lot of different bat cases on the internet the past couple of weeks and have come to the conclusion that I need to construct what I want myself. The "best in the business" bat cases look great, but the price is extremely cost prohibitive (over $700.00 with shipping!).

Isn't there a company out there who has a product that does not cost a fortune that still looks nice???

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    who makes the finest bat display cases? i'm looking for a stand-alone (non-wall mounted), enclosed case for 3 or 4 bats. who makes the best cases money can buy? (functionally and appearance wise).

thanks,

rudy.

I do! Just kidding. I just finished my wall mounted Solid Quarter Sawn Oak paneled case for 21 bats. I will hang it tonight and take better pictures. The case is heavy though. This has a 3/4 inch thick Ply case with 3/4 inch thich panels around all four sides. This case is felt lined and will one day have a mounted glass front or one large flip up door. I like the open look for right now.

I am thinking about making some stand alone cases with plexy doors.

Here were some project pictures.

Banned

KingJammy Cooperstown bat company makes pretty good racks and they currently have a stand alone pedestal rack. When I spoke to them last there rep mentioned that they may start making enclosed cases also, but take a look at this one, hope it helps.....

http://www.cooperstownbat.com/store/...S\CBC-PEDESTAL

thanks to everyone for their input. some of the links provided have exactly what i'm looking for.

chicagoglen: how heavy, with glass and full of bats, is that case?

rudy.