Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

just talked to a sports agent about getting a gamer... WOW!

THis is unreal to me.

I just contacted a pro sports agent that is also an attorney about getting a game used jersey from one of his clients who is a tampa bay Buc. I was told this "Why don't you just go to NFL shop, customize one and say it was game worn. Nobody will know the difference."

I am not kidding! This is a direct quote! Granted it is not a well known Buccaneer or a well known agent but that is ridiculous.

Re: just talked to a sports agent about getting a gamer... WOW!

you shouldn't have mentioned they were an agent and lawyer. then it really might've come across as surprising.

rudy.

Banned

Sad!!!

I don't find this astounding at all. I've contacted reps, from several teams (hockey and baseball), inquiring about gamers. On several occassions I was told "We aren't selling the game jerseys, but we could make you one that is exactly the same". They aren't talking replica, either.

I truly don't believe they are wanting to be deceptive. It is just they don't understand that my desire is to own a gamer of a particular player. Not only that, if they do, it can end up in the market as a gamer. I've always flatly declined. I wonder how many other people don't though.

Experiences, like these, should scare game worn collectors more than anything they will experience this Halloween.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/