Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VA's 2006 Dodgers Garciaparra NOB?

Hey everyone

Vintage Authentics is selling a 2006 game used Dodgers Nomar Garciaparra jersey with name on back of jersey.

Comes with a Lampson letter which gives it a 4 out of 4 in jersey characteristics/identifiers

I can't find any photos from 2006 with the Dodgers wearing jerseys with names on the back.

Here's the auction description and photos

Gray road Majestic size 44 Los Angeles Dodgers jersey used by fan favorite Nomar Garciaparra during his fantastic "comeback" season of 2006. The jersey's front team name is throwback to the 1963 style worn by LA. It features single color sewn identifiers with NOB affixed directly to jersey back and LA interlocking team logo sewn to left sleeve. It is appropriately tagged on outer tail with Majestic label and flagged for size. Overall the gamer exhibits consistent light to medium game wear evidence throughout and earns a final authentic grade of 8 on this rare and highly desirable style.

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=88275372

Steve Jensen at Vintage Authentics is looking into it and as always has been quite responsive. In the meantime, any Dodgers experts have photos of this jersey style?

Ball Park Heroes is selling one with a flag tag and no name on back
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Chad-Billingsley...QQcmdZViewItem
    But perhaps there are different jersey styles
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: VA's 2006 Dodgers Garciaparra NOB?

Also, game used universe just sold a 2007 dodgers garciaparra with a property of dodgers tag

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/auction/lot.php?id=443
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Eric:

To the best of my knowledge, the Dodgers didn't have NOB in 2006 and the jersey you have pictured has the wrong sleeve patch...in 2006 it would have been Dodgers on LA.

It appears to be a 2007 style jersey, but in 2007 all of the GU or Team Ordered Jersey's would have had the Propery of the Los Angeles Dodgers tag under the Jock Tag.

Not all of them had the year tag in 2007.

I would love to see the wash tag on it as it would also have the size tab/tag sewn in....

Also, it has the 2007 styling as in 2006, the Dodgers Jersey's had outined blue trim/piping on the button placket and collar that is not present on the example....

By all accounts it's not a 2006 Jersey....

Jim
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

errata...the I meant Dodgers and not LA (reference to the Sleeve Patch)....

Steiner Sports now sells Dodger game used stuff. They have a few jerseys on their website and from what I can see in the photos, in 2006 they did not have names on their jerseys or the "Property Of..." tag. However, in 2007, they have the NOB and the "Property Of..." tags.

more evidence that lampson is the biggest joke in the hobby and those that hire him aren't much better.

rudy.

I didn't see it mentioned, so I apologize if it was.

I'm by no means a Dodgers expert, but the lack of the white trim on the number and team number was the first thing I that jumped out at me that this isn't a 2006 jersey.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rudy:

The Gagne would be from 2004.....

Agreed, Lampson is a joke if he certified that as a 2006 jersey.

I had to go out after my earlier posts and was going to pull out some of my 2006 and 2007 Jersey's for photo comparison, but Rudy has pretty much covered it.

"The Gagne would be from 2004....."

woops! nice catch. i just wanted to show a closeup of the numbers to show that they aren't simply blue on white. they're blue, on a layer of grey, on another layer of white.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    "The Gagne would be from 2004....."

woops! nice catch. i just wanted to show a closeup of the numbers to show that they aren't simply blue on white. they're blue, on a layer of grey, on another layer of white.

rudy.

The 3 color back numbers also ceased to be in 2007 and reverted back to the more traditional single color format as was the message by Rudy.

The bottom line is that Lou Lampson isn't relevant anymore as he clearly doesn't do his homework and will put is moniker on anything for a fee.

Maybe we should get a group together and buy the stuff he authenticates and then sue him for being clueless...however, I bet a bag of game used baseballs that he has some sort of goobly gop safe guard language in his LOA/COA's that in his opinion or such that safeguards him from lawsuits.

Caveat Emptor...let the buyer beware and do your homework before putting down your hard earned greenbacks! It's easy to blame someone else, but if you arm yourself with knowledge you will be in a better position to be the expert or judge of what is and what isn't.