Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Brooks Robinson Memorabilia

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the pictures. It's really nice to hear that your experience was so good. I really like the Mounties piece and I think the signed back makes it even more impressive. I've met Brooks at several signings throughout the years and it has always been the same...He's been a great guy!

Just a note about Brooks Robinson game used bats:

Few, if any, players matched Brooks in the number of different
    H & B bat models he tried and used throughout his career. In reviewing his records, he was shipped at least 55 different H & B models during his career. Those were separate models, not including different lengths, knobs, or cupped end variations within a specific model.

Others who ordered a large number of different H & B models throught their careers included Orlando Cepeda (36) and Ozzie Smith (32).

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Mike: Do you know if Brooks just liked to try different models or was there a reason for all the different types? I know I've seen him using the cupped end type bats during the '70's. Just wondering why. I know I saw him use other players bats as well. Oh...and thanks so much for the information

I don't really know, but if you factor in the different lengths, knob sizes, and cupped/uncupped orders as well, there are close to 100 'different' bat variations. Many of the models and variations were a single order, or were tried for just a very short period of time. Broken down within his career, his 'favorites' , based on ordering patterns, were H117 (1956-57), O1S (1958-60), F4 (1960-62), K55 (1962-64), Mc44 (1964-67), R43 (1968-69), then a wide variety through 1977 including multiple orders of E37, D105C, O16, S100 and S44.

While some players have difficulty remembering various game used items, I think Brooks is pretty much on top of it. A few years ago, I took a game used Brooks Robinson 1958 H & B model O1S to a signing with Brooks in Del Mar, CA. When he picked it up to sign, before I had a chance to say anything, he looked at it and immediately said, "Wow--- this is an early one."

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

Mike,

Thanks for all the great information...and if you see any GU Brooksie bats, please let me know.

Mark

Mark,
    here's something I framed and completed today.
    Robert

Talking Re: Brooks Robinson Memorabilia

Robert,

That's a very nice Brooks/Rockwell item. Thanks so much for posting a picture of it once it was framed. All those together makes for a GREAT display. How did you come across the Brooks and Rockwell notes? Also, did you get the "Thanks Brooks" poster signed yourself or was it purchased that way?

Thanks again!

Mark

Robert,

Oh...By the way, your name Swoboda doesn't have to do anything with Rob Swoboda does it? I HOPE not!! If so I'm "STILL" upset about the catch in the '69 WS where he robbed Robby...!

Well, the Brooks note came from member Trsent who sold some other items on ebay recently. The Brooks print ,Rockwell letter ($75, 6 yrs ago) are from ebay. I met Brooks 12 years ago and got his full name and gold glove awards extra to a baseball:

Oh,the name Swoboda4? Well,yea- it may have something to do with Ron Swoboda