Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What MLB Teams sell their game used jerseys at the stadium?

Hi, I am new to the board and wanted to know what Major League Baseball teams sell game used jerseys at their team store?

On July 28th, I attended a game at the Cleveland Indians and did buy some game used jerseys there (first purchase of a MLB game used jersey). Also, on August 20th (a game that was rained out) and on September 25th (game that I attended due to rain out) I attended the Baltimore Orioles and bought some game used jerseys that they had for sale at their team store. I did see that the Nationals had a couple of jerseys when I was there on September 22nd, but did not buy any. However, some of the teams that I have attended (Phillies, Yankees, Mets, Pirates, and was also at the Diamondbacks team store on October 19th) do not seem to sell their jerseys, unless it was through an auction.

I just wanted to get an idea in case I attend any new teams next season.

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: What MLB Teams sell their game used jerseys at the stadium?

The Twins sell some lesser-known players' jerseys at the Dome. Otherwise, they're all available at the Pro Shops around the Cities (3 locations). Best of luck in your search.

Mike

The A's have auctions for game used items every weekend home game and they have a huge sale of equipment during their fanfest in February each year.

The Detroit Tigers, for decades one of the toughest teams for allowing GU items out, now offers items at the park. You can also email Steve Grause (sp) and tell him to keep an eye out for anything in particular...

RK

The Cardinals sell some stuff at Busch...mostly common players' hats, batting practice jerseys...a few World Series jerseys, and opening day items...but the best player I have seen there recently was Juan Encarnacion.

They had a Larry Walker Game Used opening day 2007 jersey there, but he was retired...and all he did was ride around in a Mustang before the game. Probably some good "puckering" on that one.

Busch also sells a good assortment of bats, including star players...and, of course, everything else: Champagne bottles, game used balls, seat backs for the old stadium, old clubhouse equipment, signed memorabilia...

and if you really want it, you can have a ball signed by the 2006 champs for a measley $2999. Careful though, there was a major smudge on the Edmonds signature last time I looked. Good luck!

Dave

Angels gamers are not sold in the stadium store, but are sold by an approved vendor who sets up in a hallway near the store. He sells signed baseballs, photos and a few game used jerseys.

Rob L

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    The Detroit Tigers, for decades one of the toughest teams for allowing GU items out, now offers items at the park. You can also email Steve Grause (sp) and tell him to keep an eye out for anything in particular...

RK
    That would be Steve Graus, ......if your looking for 2006 or 2007 game worn jerseys, Helmets, Bats, Balls, Bases, Jackets, etc. He has it or had it. You can also put your name on a want/request list for upcoming 2008. If you want Steve's contact info just email me directly and i would be glad to pass it along to you, or anyone else interested.

regards,
    larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Angels gamers are not sold in the stadium store, but are sold by an approved vendor who sets up in a hallway near the store. He sells signed baseballs, photos and a few game used jerseys.

Rob L
    Does this Angels person sell game used baseballs and are there dates when the ball was used or nothing specific date stated?

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Does this Angels person sell game used baseballs and are there dates when the ball was used or nothing specific date stated?
    My son and I were checking them out at a game in September and I don't believe any of the signed baseballs were game used. The only gamers were jerseys (they had quite a few but I only remember a Salmon and Eckstein jersey).

The Jays have a rack of jerseys in their main store in at the Dome. Mostly unknowns & coaches, most were $100 on the rack.