Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Any thoughts about my newly aquired McGwire bat?

Autographed Game Used Cracked Handle 2000 Bat
    http://sports.ha.com/common/view_ite...1&Lot_No=61069

How did I do? Im very happy with it. It is my 3rd Gamer. I also have a autographed 1990 Gamer that is cracked as well as Unsigned Heavily Used 1998 gamer.

Re: Any thoughts about my newly aquired McGwire bat?

Auto is good, nice gamer. I looked at bidding til I did a closeup and noticed the crack in the handle. I don't buy cracked bats...

With Mac - during the Cardinal years anyway, I have not seen too many cracked models...I don't mind them too much...doesn't really seem to affect the value of the bats I collect. Nice pick up.

If you're in the market for a McGwire Cardinals-era bat, you want one that's cracked or has deadwood. The ones that don't likely were stolen from locker rooms or given away as gifts, usually without being used by Mac. Mac used a bat until he couldn't use it anymore. I wouldn't touch a McGwire Cardinals bat that wasn't cracked or didn't have deadwood. When I saw the crack on this bat (along with the pine tar pattern and the signature), my first thought was, "Ooh, a real one. Nice."

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    If you're in the market for a McGwire Cardinals-era bat, you want one that's cracked or has deadwood. The ones that don't likely were stolen from locker rooms or given away as gifts, usually without being used by Mac. Mac used a bat until he couldn't use it anymore. I wouldn't touch a McGwire Cardinals bat that wasn't cracked or didn't have deadwood. When I saw the crack on this bat (along with the pine tar pattern and the signature), my first thought was, "Ooh, a real one. Nice."
    There ya go, a great price, great bat, and a guy like Jeff giving rock solid provenance...priceless!

hey Jeff, i visit Birdbats.com frequently and I always read and remembered how you said how cracked mcgwire bats are the best to buy since that is best way to show use from mcgwire. And i kept that in mind when purchasing this bat. You were a big reason i decided to go after this bat. Your website is awsome. A friend of mine a while back purchased your mcgwire 01 signed gamer in a big trade. and that bat always made me jealous. now because with the help of your insight on your website i got a bat to make him jealous. thanks again.

That bat is awesome! I was going to bid on it also, would look good next to my signed 01. Post some pics when you get it.

def will post pics bobby when i get it.