Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ebay Todd Helton Hr #5 2002 Bat

I think that there must be some error with this bat. Helton didnt hit HR #5 on April 28 2002. I checked BaseballReference.com Helton hit HR #3 on this date not HR #5. The inscription on the bat appears to read 3, I guess ASI made a mistake on the COA. Makes me kind of question these HR bats from Helton.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TODD-HELTON-SIGN...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Ebay Todd Helton Hr #5 2002 Bat

Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    I think that there must be some error with this bat. Helton didnt hit HR #5 on April 28 2002. I checked BaseballReference.com Helton hit HR #3 on this date not HR #5. The inscription on the bat appears to read 3, I guess ASI made a mistake on the COA. Makes me kind of question these HR bats from Helton.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TODD-HELTON-SIGN...QQcmdZViewItem
    Makes me question the professionalism of ASI.

Dave

BTW, it IS a nice bat, and if I were a Helton fan, I would buy it and probably toss the COA into the trash.

Banned

It looks like just an obvious Typo I don't think its a need to start questioning. It was a simple human error that could have been made very easily by anyone. Lets not get crazy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    It looks like just an obvious Typo I don't think its a need to start questioning. It was a simple human error that could have been made very easily by anyone. Lets not get crazy about this.
    I agree with you. I just think that if you are typing a simple COA, details are VERY important to potential buyers. You and I know that it's a typo - but will it cause a problem when someone has to move it again? It is an extra pain for a seller having to explain something like this...and the original compnay should pay more attention to details.

This kind of stuff is what makes people question so many A-Rod items....

I guess its no big deal for some people to spend $300-400 on an item that has some problems. But for me it would be.