Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What's that one piece you'll never get rid of?

We all have it......it's that one piece in our collection that we'll never get rid of, no matter how broke we are or how badly we need to sell it. What's yours?

Mine is my first game worn jersey; a Juan Encarnacion game worn July 22,2002 TBTC Marlins jersey; MLB authenticated & unwashed with dirt stains everywhere. I got for a great steal at $130 a little more than a year ago on eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What's that one piece you'll never get rid of?

Very nice piece.

The one piece i wont ever get rid of is the Alex Sanchez bat that Juan Iglesias gave me for free. He also gave me a Leo Gomez bat. these two bats mean alot to me. Thanks again juan.

Banned

What I've learned is never say never. Give me a year or so and I'm ready to upgrade or change my game plan-and I end up selling a piece I always said I'd never get rid of.
    Gretg

I hear that. But the one piece I will probably never part with is my 2007 Game Used Adrian Cardenas uncracked LVS M9. Not only is it an uncracked gamer of my favorite player, but it is autographed and absolutely hammered with use. Come to find that this bat is one of the bats from his first personalized order with LVS! I doubt he has anymore of these around.
    Name:  Cardenas Bat1.JPG
Views: 1072
Size:  178.0 KB

Man...tough question! I`ll have to say a 1998 Tony Gwynn game issued, signed LVS Bat. It has all the knob & barrel specs written on it, taped handle, & a hand painted gold colored stripe under the label. It`s that "fat grain" too, full PSA paperwork. I almost "re-sold" it but glad I didn`t. I asked Tony about the gold colored stripe, & he replied "I did that" He has been generous about his time & has looked at & signed several things for me. I posted pics somewhere, I don`t have them on this laptop.
    Sean

Toss up between my '84 season Jim McMahon away gamer and my '03 season Urlacher home gamer.

The item I will never sell is my Brad Wilkerson 2005 game used bat. It is MLB hologramed as used on 4-4-05, the Nationals inagural game. I have video matched it as being broken in his 2nd at bat of the game...more than likely (I hope) the same bat used in his first at bat, the very first in Nationals history. This is my first Nationals bat, and a birthday present from my dad.

My 1998 Kevin Greene Panther jersey is my most prized piece. I got it directly from Kevin, as a gift. He wore it most of the season, so it has great wear. It is far from the most valuable item that I own. For me its not about the money I have in something that makes me value one piece over another. If it got down to me having to sell this, the whole collection would go first.

Roger

Bo Jackson's game used (monster home run) bat from the 1989 All Star Game. It's my prized possession, and someday someone will pry it from my cold dead hands, or that of my children's children! From the biggest single defining moment in the career of the greatest athlete in all of sports history.

I can't think of anything else I'd rather have from his career (except of course his Heisman Trophy which is probably worth a cool million!).