Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Arizona Fall League Pickups

I will start off by saying that I don't sell anything that I get my hands on (part of the reason that I get them from the players because I have a reputation among the Oakland A's players as being stand up and not in it for profit but for my collection)
    In regards to LaPorta good luck on that he has the biggest ego I have ever seen in the Arizona Fall League. He rarely signs autographs and when he does he personalizes every one of them (something I don't really mind because I collect for myself but there are a number of dealers who come down here with pages of stuff to get signed to sell and I hear them whine about him all the time and laugh cause they deserve it)
    The one time I saw him break a bat he refused to give it too me and three other adults who were standing there after the game but this young girl came down (she was really obnoxious and was asking for bats from players while they were standing in the on deck circle in the middle of the game) and he handed the bat to her. There are plenty of first rounders playing in the AFL that don't have that big league ego so I am not sure where he got it from but oh well what can ya do its not his job to sign autographs and give out bats and equipment its his job to entertain us on the field.

Just a comment on the Controlling The Game bats. I know that Pujols has used them a few times, and Josh Hamilton used them, almost exclusively, this year. The one he gave me was great. With Josh, the CTG's certainly held up better than his LS M9's. He cracked one of those nearly every time he used one.

-Josh

Hi Josh,

Can you email me at t_byington@yahoo.com? I've got a question about a bat you may be able to help me with.

Thanks
    Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com