Today the Braves hosted thier on/off again "annual" winter fan fest at Turner Field. You never know what to expect with these things. They didn't have it last year. But, two years ago the team sold game issued jerseys for $60. That included everybody on the team. It was an amazing chance to grab some incredible jerseys at next to nothing. None of them showed use - and they were being sold as issued only - but from what I saw, all of them had the standard tagging and NOBs. In that respect, will all of them a wash or two away from becoming "used," it sucks to be a Braves collector right now.

This year, the only game used items were a home Eddie Perez jersey and Horatio Ramirez jersey that were up for silent auction. Neither had bids when we left at noon. Autographs were $20 and included everyone. The lines were so long though, it's hard to believe that anyone got more than one or two sigs today. Plus, everything was in the outdoor aisles and it was not a warm day. Aside from waiting in long lines to see the bullpen, catch a ball in the outfield, toss a sandbag onto a plank of wood, and throw two balls in front of a radar gun, there were no other activities. Most of the bathrooms were also locked, despite the fact there were thousands of people there.

Interesting thing about the Braves. They truly don't seem to put a lot of thought into these things each year. They have an indoor souvenior store near the front gates. Today would've been an easy way to make a ton of money selling shirts, hats, plastic balls, little bats and other junk, but that place was 3/4 empty. There was next to nothing there. Oh, they did have a wall full of g/u warmp jerseys, although I didn't even know who most of players were. Apparently somebody named KJAEUIPGDIUASDI once played for them. Bottom line, NEVER make a trip to Atlanta for the Braves fan fest. I drove 15 miles to get there and I felt duped. Anyone else make it there today?

Jason