Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Best way to remove autograph from a bat?

I have a game used bat that I bought with an autograph.(Iwanted the bat but not particularly the autograph) The player will be doing an autograph show in a couple of weeks and I would like him to personalize the bat. I want to remove the "game used" for a personal inscription. The bat is a blond or even lighter colored Old Hickory and the autograph is in black ink. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to remove writing on a bat without damaging ? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Re: Best way to remove autograph from a bat?

Here's an old thread regarding this topic.

I've personally never tried moving any autographs from a bat.

I have an unfinished Ed Hearn bat autograhed by the Cleveland Indians minor league team in Canton and would love to remove all the autographs but since the bat is unfinished i don't think i can without ruining the bare wood.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ving+autograph

David

Re: Best way to remove autograph from a bat?

I have used nail polish remover on finished bats and it has worked fine. On the unfinished bat I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I have a game used bat that I bought with an autograph.(Iwanted the bat but not particularly the autograph) The player will be doing an autograph show in a couple of weeks and I would like him to personalize the bat. I want to remove the "game used" for a personal inscription. The bat is a blond or even lighter colored Old Hickory and the autograph is in black ink. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to remove writing on a bat without damaging ? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks