Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jerseys from your alma mater or favorite college team...

I know there are a few college collectors on the forum. It doesn't have to be a school you went to; maybe just your favorite or from your hometown. Pro jerseys of your favorite college stars are acceptable, also.
    I graduated from Campbell University. Gaylord and Jim Perry and Cal Koonce also attended Campbell.
    Here is a mid 1980s Campbell Camels basketball warm-up jacket:

Re: Jerseys from your alma mater or favorite college team...

hmm, where to start. . .
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

BPTH...did you know coach Tootie (Tuti)???? Hoops scout for Campbell back in the 70s.

My father worked at Georgetown all his life. I was lucky enough to go to 3 final fours and 10 big east tournaments. The jersey at top left was worn in the 1982 national final; top right is from the mid 70s; bottom left is Fred Brown's practice jersey from 1982 and bottom right is a '97 home jersey. I kick myself everytime I see it because I was working Thompson's camp one summer and asked Craig Esherick if I could have a game jersey. He asked if I wanted anyone in particular and I said I just wanted a gamer-player was unimportant. If I had been thinking I could have had an Allen Iverson GU gamer, but I blew it. The shoes at left are the ones they used the year Villanove beat them in the final and the others are from 1987.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2001 Tom Lopienski game used away jersey with the wear you would expect for a fullback - has numerous repairs, including a big 2 inch repair above the #3 on the front (Lopienski played sporadically for the Colts)

-Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Well it's pretty obvious what I collect. Here's my favorite pro jersey. It's a 1994 Lomas Brown re-used in 1995. Neck is totally customized and the whole jersey is hammered with use.

My favorite Gator jersey belonged to Will White, an All-American defensive back in the late 80's and early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    BPTH...did you know coach Tootie (Tuti)???? Hoops scout for Campbell back in the 70s.
    No, I am not familiar with the name. What is his significance? I'd really like to know.

jdr
    Those are some nice G'Town pieces! Those 1985 NIKEs with "HOYAS" on the back are extremley sought after by vintage Nike collectors (more so than game-used collectors). The low-cuts are rare! Who wore those? I know this sounds crazy to game-used collectors, but the less wear...the more valuable.

At Thompson's camp every summer they would sell all the left over Nike junk from years past, which is how I came up with both pair of shoes. The 85s are only size 9.5, so I bet they were meant for asst coach Mike Riley, who was only 5' 7" or maybe one of the managers, who was in that size range. How much do you think they are worth to the vintage nike collectors?

I bet the Hoya shoes could get $500. But that's a guess. There are more serious collectors in Japan and Europe, but many in the US also. It's a matter of finding the right buyer. I know there are a few NIKE forums out there that might put you in touch with the right people.

"Set shot Tootie" used to give pep talks at local high school basketball camps in Pittsburgh back in the early 1980s. Wish I knew his real name. All I know is he was a scout for Campbell and he called himself "Coach Tootie". Shot free throws just like Set Shot Buford in the Fish that Saved Pittsburgh. He was everywhere, used to poke his head around telephone poles at pickup basketball games. Would try to hide thinking nobody would notice. I'm probably exaggerating a bit given it was a quarter century ago but this is what I remember about him, he was a classic, great guy! Everyone loved him. If you know anyone associated with Campbell hoops in the 80s I'll bet he could be tracked down.