Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile A-Rod and Yankees have outline of $275 million, 10-year deal

NEW YORK (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees have agreed to the outline of a $275 million, 10-year contract, a deal that potentially would allow him to earn millions more if he sets the career home-run record.

I wasn't happy with Arod opted out of his contract. However, I am happy he will remain a Yankee.

I believe with a 10 year contract, the future is great for Arod, the Yankees, and Yankee fans.

I'm excited and can't wait for next year!

Re: A-Rod and Yankees have outline of $275 million, 10-year deal

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez and the New York Yankees have agreed to the outline of a $275 million, 10-year contract, a deal that potentially would allow him to earn millions more if he sets the career home-run record.

I wasn't happy with Arod opted out of his contract. However, I am happy he will remain a Yankee.

I believe with a 10 year contract, the future is great for Arod, the Yankees, and Yankee fans.

I'm excited and can't wait for next year!
    10 more years of putting up big #s in the regular season and not showing up in the post season. The future is great for the Red Sox.
    kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    10 more years of putting up big #s in the regular season and not showing up in the post season. The future is great for the Red Sox.
    kelly
    Let it go! I believe with Arod now being with the Yankees for 10 years, he has nothing to worry about but playing and will do better during the Post Season!

What did he have to worry about before this contract? If I remember correctly he opted out of a guaranteed contract that had him as the highest paid player only to "resign" for more years and more $. It doesn;t look like much has changed to me.
    Kelly

I am glad he is returning a Yankee. I think he has some unfinished business as a Yankees and Steinbrenner II came across as a very strong owner. I hope he goes after Johan Santana next.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

10 more years of no World Series appearances for the Yankees!!! I love it!!! And I'm not a Red Sox or Yankee fan so there! I'm all about the small market Oakland A's! #1 AROD has never known the feeling of playing in the World Series and if his streak keeps up, he won't know for another 10 years. #2 here we go with choking in playoff time...lets pay the guy more money to no show in the playoffs. What was it again 5 K's this year? 1 RBI. The thing I don't understand is, someone making 25.2Million a season, who opts out and signed for roughly 1.8 million more a season as an average? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this? As is 25.2 million isn't enough, you want 1.8 million more. So there is potential for setting the HR record, if he stays healthy enough to do it, looks like he will, so he can make more, thats fine and dandy, but why didn't he just sign an extention? Finish out what you started, then add on. He already has more money then probably 3 generation of ARODS can spend in a lifetime. I'm just a big proponent of being honest and finishing what you start, thats why I have a problem with it. I understand he has the option to opt out if its in his contract, but its more respectable to finish what you signed x amount of years ago. He's getting plenty to play a game! But I fault ownership who is ridiculous enough to give him what he wants.

I would have rather seen him in Boston.That is where I thought he was going.

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand this? As is 25.2 million isn't enough, you want 1.8 million more.
    The deal looks settled at 10 years; 275 million (with incentives). AROD forfeits the $81M he would have made over the next 3 seasons (his contract was back-loaded; he did not make a straight $25.2 per year for 10 years).

So basically, he gets a 7 year extension for 194 million... or $27.7M per year... If I read this one correctly, he gets a $700,000 raise for the next 7 years and at the same time, the "opting out" costs the Yankees $21 million.

One has to think that AROD could have taken home half if not more of that 21M if he didn't let the greed get to him??? I hope this 21M was taken into account when the final offer was presented, or the Yankees lose a lot of credibility in my eyes. And AROD is still greedy and self-motivated in my eyes. He lost a lot of fans by what he did and how he did it... and in the end hardly stood to benefit at all by it. It would not have taken a whole lot to speak to the Yankees a month ago when they asked him to. The fans can't be that stupid not to see through all of this... Nevertheless, they are stuck with him, and unfortunately will need to turn yet another blind eye to his antics. Hopefully for their sake he shows up the next time the Yankees make the postseason (which for all intents and purposes, I don't think will be 2008).

was definitely a miscalculation by boras. in the end, ankees got rodriguez at their price, arod remains a yankee and boras got his percentage. its all good.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

If ever a team and a player deserved each other, it's Miss Pay-Rod and the Yankee$.
    For Miss Pay-Rod, it's all about the money, and for the Yankee$, it's only money. They can find enough to pay Miss Pay-Rod simply by looking under the couch cushions in the YES reception area.
    The endle$$ river of ca$h that runs through the Bronx belches up its latest atrocity. At least Tom Hicks is happy.