Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Like A-Rod is the only "greedy" ballplayer...

I have probably been a Yankee fan longer than you've been alive.
    And I like Jeter, and he is one of the best.

But I'm sick to death of this black-and white interpretation in which everything that Jeter does is wonderful, and everything that Rodriguez does is selfish and greedy.

Neither of them are perfect.

And ever since there's been someone on the team more highly skilled than Jeter, and what's worse, commonly acknowledged as more highly skilled, he's behaved like a petulant child.

Is that casting the first stone?

Quote Originally Posted by murderers_row View Post
    I have probably been a Yankee fan longer than you've been alive.
    And I like Jeter, and he is one of the best.

But I'm sick to death of this black-and white interpretation in which everything that Jeter does is wonderful, and everything that Rodriguez does is selfish and greedy.

Neither of them are perfect.

And ever since there's been someone on the team more highly skilled than Jeter, and what's worse, commonly acknowledged as more highly skilled, he's behaved like a petulant child.

Is that casting the first stone?
    Please tell me how Jeter has behaved like a "petulant child" ?

I'm not going to go into the Jeter-Rodriguez dysfunctional relationship; it's been covered in the New York papers far better than I could ever hope to present it.

Suffice it to say that Jeter's coldness towards A-Rod, and its negative effect on the team, has received quite a bit of coverage in New York.

As the Ol' Perfessor used to say, "You could look it up."

(And, BTW, if NYC, where I was born, raised, and still maintain a residence, says Jeter legally resides there, I believe it.)

Quote Originally Posted by murderers_row View Post

Just saw in today's New York Times that the fans' golden boy Derek Jeter is in trouble with New York State and New York City regarding state and city income taxes. Seems he declared Florida (no income tax!) his home, but he spends most of his time at his residence in NYC! Ol' Derek wouldn't be trying to keep as much money as he possibly could, would he? At the expense of the City services that protect him and his property, like the Fire, Police, Health, and Sanitation Departments?

Nah. That would be greedy!
    I just heard that NYC and the State are trying to collect from Mr. Jeter for the tax years 2001-2003. There was no mention of 2004, 2005, and 2006 tax years.

Does anyone know the full story as I was wondering what State of Residence DJ claimed for 2004 to present?

Thanks. Andrew

Ah, turmoil in the Bronx.
    "We control the endle$$ river of ca$h! All World $eries are ours! That's the way it's supposed to be! If a Yankee$ player says he lives in Florida, then he lives in Florida...even though, compared to NYC all other places are festering backwater s***holes no one in their right mind would want to live in! We have a shortstop playing third! A second baseman playing shortstop! It doesn't matter! We're the Yankee$ and the trophies are ours, dammit! Haven't you peasants heard of the divine right of Yankee$?"