Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perlman9
    • Dec 2007

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Just picked up maybe one of my new favorite NFL jerseys. A absolute hammered Cleveland Browns jersey of Michigan State Spartan alum Harlon Barnett

Also had this game issued Duane Young Chargers jersey as well

Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
      • Feb 2012

PEYTON MANNING 2012 GAME USED SIGNED/ INSCRIBED BCA JERSEY VS. PATRIOTS 10/7/12... PHOTOMATCHED!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• tom1315
        • Mar 2008

"VISUALCONCEPTSNJ", what an incredible Peyton gamer! Very nice addition to your collection. Thanks for sharing. Below is a 2012 Steelers gamer worn by Jerricho Cotchery...really shows excellent use and I believe worn in multiple games due to a shoulder repair and the wear on the numbers. I am a NC State guy and collect primarily ACC/SEC/NFL helmet-gamers...so diversifying a bit with this former State standout WR and NFL star. Enjoy!

Tom

GO PACK! NC State 1981 graduate
        Attached Files

Comment

• Steelers25
          • Apr 2012

Ryan Clark used helmet

Comment

• solarlottry
            • Jan 2009

Some new and some not so new....

1994 Gary Plummer away throwback worn vs the Vikings. Won off eBay and was up against one persistent bidder!!! If anyone on the forum was the other bidder please let me know as I wonder if we can do some trading etc.

The jersey shows nice game use with the same purple field paint that my other 1994 throwbacks that were worn vs Minnesota have. Also has a custom hole in each of the sleeve cuffs, which I assume are there to tighten the jersey to the pads.

1994 Jerry Rice game worn and autographed cleats and wristbands. The wristbands were worn vs the Raiders in the game Rice broke the all-time TD record and have a LOA from teammate Ralph Tamm.

1993 season Divisional round of playoffs worn Steve Young jersey with team letter. "Bronco Hinek tape" on nameplate noting that jersey was worn vs the NYG in a 44-3 blowout win. Notice the separate size and date code flag tags.

I attended this game and sat 10 rows behind the 49er bench and after the rout was on we moved to the front row. Security would hand us the cups that the players were drinking from after the players tossed them onto the ground. A few weeks later I had Dana Stubblefield sign his Gatorade cup at a card show. He thought I was nuts but I still have the cup!

Added a nice 1994 season Deion Sanders game worn item as well, which I will post at some point.

Always looking to purchase 49er game worn jerseys especially vintage 1979-1989 gamers (Fred Dean, Wersching, Dwight Clark, Solomon) and ALL 1994 game worn items. Any Steve Young game worn jersey is something I would be interested in as well.

Paying a finders fee of up to 500$ for information that leads to a sale.

Paul
            garciajones@yahoo.com
            Attached Files

Comment

• Samets
              • Apr 2012

Paul,

I have a question about the "Bronco tape"

Have you tried removing it from a jersey? Is it leaving residue? or do you just leave it in there as it's part of the history?

Comment

• respo
                • Nov 2008

Attached Files

Comment

• tom1315
                  • Mar 2008

"respo", those two Buffalo gamers...just awesome...my man...really super looking...congrats on picking those two up...thanks for sharing, too!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• Mulligans
                    • Dec 2009

Rich......absolutely incredible Bills jerseys......where on earth did you get them?

Comment

• solarlottry
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Samets
                      Paul,

I have a question about the "Bronco tape"

Have you tried removing it from a jersey? Is it leaving residue? or do you just leave it in there as it's part of the history?
                      I do not remove the tape as the jersey left the locker room with the tape attached plus having the tape present is a good indicator of the jerseys authenticity.

I have a number of 49er game worn jerseys that have had the tape removed and yes it does leave a residual mark. Even though there is a residual mark, it can be a positive as the tape stain can help identify authentic gamers. I have seen 49er game worn jerseys sell at well below market value due to presumed authenticity issues or lack of a LOA, which were perfectly legit based on the presence of the stain left after the tape was removed.

A key issue to consider is that all the tape was written by the same hand resulting in almost a LOA in itself. Bronco's writing is very distinctive thus making it fairly straight forward to determine if indeed the tape was applied by the team. Team applied tape would thus seem to constitute a somewhat accurate reflection of the jerseys authenticity.

Keep in mind that the team is not infallible and mistakes have occurred. When I purchased my first 49er game worn items from "Man of Steal" after their SB XXIX win, Mike told me that at times shirts and LOAs would get mixed up. Sometimes tape would come off of jerseys and that tape would be reapplied to whichever jersey he thought it had fallen off of.

For me, seeing a 49er game worn jersey with the "Bronco Tape" is a good indication that it at least originated from the team and was worn in a game. I would still do my usual due diligence prior to buying it to ensure that the shirt was indeed worn in the game stated on the tape.

Always buying 49er game worn items!!! Paying a finders fee as well.

Paul
                      garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

• Samets
                        • Apr 2012

Paul,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It all makes sense.

Comment

• chrisShocker
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Preston
                          Derek Wolfe worn gloves - did some photowork for him and he sent me these in trade. No idea if they're game worn but they for sure ARE worn based on the wear on the fingertips and the smell (my dogs have tried their best to get them). Still cool nonetheless.
                          Hey, I'm new to this website, but would you be interested in selling one of those gloves? Those are really cool!

Comment

• Preston
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by chrisShocker
                            Hey, I'm new to this website, but would you be interested in selling one of those gloves? Those are really cool!
                            I appreciate the interest but probably not - selling one would basically render the other useless as both are needed to create the full logo.

Comment

• huntr
                              • Apr 2011

Very specular Denver Broncos 2012 game worn jersey by TE Jacob Tamme vs Cleveland Browns on Dec. 23rd. It has several repairs on shoulder areas. He had 2 catches for 69 yards.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• chrisShocker
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Preston
                                I appreciate the interest but probably not - selling one would basically render the other useless as both are needed to create the full logo.
                                I see your point. Would you be interested in selling them as a pair then. See, I already have one game used Trindon Holliday one and thought it'd be a nice display if I got a a right handed glove from another player to create the logo.

Comment

Working...