Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Darren Howard Eagles Throwback

Mile High,

Based on the Sand Knit tagging, your Denver Broncos jersey was not made before 1972/73. Based on various Sand Knit jerseys I've seen or owned over the years, the jerseys can be roughly dated as follows based on the color of the medallion logo:

Late 1960s and perhaps up through 1970, the ball is black and the top part of the medallion is gold. See the first photo below for an example.

Circa 1970 and '71 (and perhaps as late as 1972), the colors reverse with the ball being in gold stitching and the top part of the medallion in black. See the second photo below for an example.

As early as 1972, the tag slightly changes with the washing instructions taking up 4 lines instead of 3. This was consistent for several years afterwards. See the last two photos below for an example of the wording change on both a durene and a mesh jersey.

Hope this information is helpful in dating your jersey. Patrick at Endzone Sports will be a huge help to you.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons uniforms.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

hey guys, i'm new member here and i thought i would share my NFL stuff. no jerseys or helmets just yet...

Cowboys WR Miles Austin used gloves (signed)

Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick used gloves (signed)

Welcome to the forum! This forum is a great tool to the game used hobby! Always nice to see a new member!

2006 Sam Adams helmet and game ball

A couple of old bears.

Here are a few pics of my newest pick ups from the last couple of Months.

Jim Leonhard Titans of New York Throwback helmet. Worn vs. Tennessee Titans, @ Oakland Raiders, vs. Miami Dolphins all this year.

Jim Leonhard Titans of New York Throwback Jersey, Pants, gloves and Shoes all worn 10/25/09 @ Oakland Raiders

Jim Leonhard worn shoes and gloves. Worn against Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football.

Brett Favre worn and signed shoes, worn during the 2002 Season. Came with Brett Favre LOA that he signed as well.

Antonio Freeman worn entire 2000 season. 5 team repairs and I have it Photo matched.

Al Harris worn shoes used in the 2008 Season.

Gilbert Brown used and signed shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Mile High,

Based on the Sand Knit tagging, your Denver Broncos jersey was not made before 1972/73. Based on various Sand Knit jerseys I've seen or owned over the years, the jerseys can be roughly dated as follows based on the color of the medallion logo:

Late 1960s and perhaps up through 1970, the ball is black and the top part of the medallion is gold. See the first photo below for an example.

Circa 1970 and '71 (and perhaps as late as 1972), the colors reverse with the ball being in gold stitching and the top part of the medallion in black. See the second photo below for an example.

As early as 1972, the tag slightly changes with the washing instructions taking up 4 lines instead of 3. This was consistent for several years afterwards. See the last two photos below for an example of the wording change on both a durene and a mesh jersey.

Hope this information is helpful in dating your jersey. Patrick at Endzone Sports will be a huge help to you.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons uniforms.
    Mark....Thanks for taking the time to post those exemplars for the SandKnit tagging in the early 70's. I think mine has got to be late 73-74, Which would make sense if graham left midway through '75? Can you date them by the sizing too? Like Size 52 or XXLARGE(52)? I just gotta send this one to Patrick.. Thanks again Mark

NYRANGERS....Stellar Fletcher Jersey,,,I passed on one at a local sports store in Denver about a year ago and have been kicking myself ever since, Great Pickup!

Banned

Got these recently.
    2006 Kellen Winslow Jr Browns practice jersey

2006 Jared Allen Chiefs jersey w/coa from the team (BIG props to Blitzmaster for the deal)

Traded for a couple nice ones today (also posted in the July pick-ups):

Steve McNair 2003 signed, game worn away Titans jersey - worn during his MVP season

Eddie George 2001 practice worn Titans jersey